City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, had forgotten about Les Arses. However, they have Norwich and Villa at home. Do not want to go into the Arse game needing to win. We will have a better idea of what's needed after the rags play Leicester. If the rags win, then I say we should play the best possible XI v Saints. We are not necessarily going to tinker our way into the top 4. It needs to be full on now, especially if the rags beat Leicester (minus Vardy). We need to forget about Arsenal, and do a bit of maths to see how many points maximum we need to qualify. As it stands, that is 7. It may change before we play Saints.
Beat at saints and beat Arsenal and we are likely to be able to take it easy v Swansea

Southampton is all but eliminated from Europa contention, plus the rumors that Koeman might be headed out of town... we should be able to get a point out of this.
-the other team in the city will lose to the foxes, we will be at least 6 pts up on 5th and all will be good in the world

Not sure that you can say Saints are out of EL qualification. My understanding (I can't be arsed checking) is that we get 3 EL places; 1 from the league position (5th, usually), 1 for the LC winners (City) and 1 for the FAC winners. The LC winners (us) will qualify for either CL or EL via league position, so that means EL qualification goes to 6th place team. If the scum win the FAC and finish top 5, then it goes down to 7th. Liverpool are currently 7th, 1 pt ahead of Saints, with a game in hand. However, you also have to throw into the equation that Liverpool may finish top 7, but qualify for the CL by winning the Europa. Not sure what happens then.
So they are a long way from "eliminated" from the EL, and anyone expecting them to just turn up and roll over is living in dreamland.

You would think with us being the only English team left in the Champions League both the FA and Sky would bend over backwards to help us in our quest to get to the final. I've noticed that the Spanish FA have brought forward Real's Kick off time to 2.00pm our time on Saturday. That is what you call helping your clubs to get to the Champions League final. Depending on the result tonight Atletico will also have their game moved as well. So Real and Atletico will have plenty of time to rest their players after the game.

I think it might all go back to the FA and the Premiership having different agenda's.
The FA obviously wants UCL/Europa etc to succeed, as it's good for all of English football.
Premiership is only concerned with internal league, and tv ratings.
-La Liga is operated by the Royal Spanish Football Federation (which is the equivalent to our FA) so logically they would do things like moving internal matches for euro matches

I could be wrong, but that seems to be an ongoing trend.

In many ways it helps us to play Sunday knowing what Arsenal and United have done.

Doubt he would have fielded a much different team Saturday tea time or Sunday.

That is our real problem. How many key players will inevitably be missing for a match we can ill afford to lose if we do not win on Wednesday.

Lose this one and we might be relying on snookers by the time we play Arsenal.

Possibly Pelle may see how things are going at OT before deciding but as the result will not be known in time for the team sheet that seems unlikely. Unless Leicester are 3-0 up at HT.

In many ways it helps us to play Sunday knowing what Arsenal and United have done.

Doubt he would have fielded a much different team Saturday tea time or Sunday.

That is our real problem. How many key players will inevitably be missing for a match we can ill afford to lose if we do not win on Wednesday.

Lose this one and we might be relying on snookers by the time we play Arsenal.

Possibly Pelle may see how things are going at OT before deciding but as the result will not be known in time for the team sheet that seems unlikely. Unless Leicester are 3-0 up at HT.
I'm not sure mp will take much notice of the other games,if i was him i would just assume we need the 3 points and put out the best team he can

We can make a number of changes like Mangala, zabaleta, Kolarov, Delph, sterling, Nasri and Iheanacho. If Yaya can play he could start.

That means only hart, otamendi, one of the Ferns and Navas need to play. Still should be a strong side

We need to be win this one badly. Nasri being back would be extremely helpful.
Bony?

I'll get my coat. :-)

Beat at saints and beat Arsenal and we are likely to be able to take it easy v Swansea
Beat Saints and Arse and we will qualify for the top 4 no matter what considering we have a decent goal difference on Arsenal. Even a loss at Swansea should probably see us through. Though I am scared about Arse, they tend to play really well against us and get a decent result

Beat Saints and Arse and we will qualify for the top 4 no matter what considering we have a decent goal difference on Arsenal. Even a loss at Swansea should probably see us through. Though I am scared about Arse, they tend to play really well against us and get a decent result

Once at ours, in recent times. Last season.

Hart - Zab, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov - Navas, Fernando, Delph, Nasri - Kelechi, Bony. If Clichys fit enough to play bot Sunday and Wednesday then he should play.
No. He is fit enough, but he can't play. You are just more sluggish when you play 90 minutes 3 days ago. The most anyone who is starting Wednesday should play should be 45 minutes.

One can only credit Fernando and Navas for logging major minutes the last 2 games. But it makes you just that bit slower. If it is avoidable, avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.