City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Negredo09 said:
Also we need to stop fucking around during corners. Why not wipe it in with pace (and properly so as almost every corner failed to make it onto a City head.)

We suffered a similar goal last season after screwing around with set-pieces and trying to over-do it.

Also I am sorry to say but how did Aguero and Jovetic start this game today when 99% of us predicted they will play very physically and bully us off the ball. Today was a game for Dzeko to start in.

And a final point, does anyone know the severity of Fernando's injury?
I agree about the corners, I don't think we take them seriously. Like we got Dzeko on, and taking a short corner. We were bad at corners last season too but improved as the season went on.

Looked familiar to our old slow style of build up . Easy to defend against & unless Nasri or Silva pick out killer passes its so so predictable.
They defended like their lives depended on it but only had to do it for the last 20 minutes..
Expect more of the same as this is the template on how we are beatable. No pace,no width,no aggression for 3/4 of the game.

Manchester_lalala said:
chestervegasblue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
We need to break the bank for reus, if silva or Nasri don't play well we're fucked. No pace in the team at all and that's what you need vs these teams. Weekend ruined for me the bunch of over paid unfit pricks.

Wow.

Can you explain to me why you seemed shocked at my comment? Everything I said is bang on, Navas made a slight difference with his pace but stoke was already comfortable and confident with containing us.

The whole tempo of the team was the issue and the speed of moving the ball from defense to midfield - it was too slow it allowed Stoke to get all their men back into their positiion the players are alot better than today for me fuck all wrong with the team but todays result and performance lies firstly with the players whom looked lazy and to a lesser extent Pellers whom had no fucking alternative.

Personally i did not see a game plan from Pellers today other than try and pass through the fuckers

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Mrmcfc[color=#0000FF:2f2zckvm] said:
To stokes credit they doubled, sometimes tripled[/color], up on the wings, stopped Kolarov getting in behind and drilling the crosses in. Took away one of our most dangerous moves, and it led to a mass of bodies in central areas with no room to maneuver.

That means we should move the ball quicker because there is space elsewhere, if 3 defenders are involved.

Very true.
They moved very well as a unit though, and made it very difficult to find space.
But like you say, our languid passing and movement is just not good enough when we come up against a team who are willing to just defend.

citymad said:
Blue Haze said:
Our lack of pace in the squad really showed today.

Now you see why Madrid pay silly amounts for fast players. They counter with ferocity, not tap tap, nobody up, look around, back pass, sideways pass, on and on. That was us for 70 minutes.

Absolutely, allows teams to get back and defend in numbers. Thought that Diouff fella was outstanding but MOTM was Crouch, absolutley superb all round game.

how do we have a lack of pace, aguero and naves two of the fastest players, yaya can outrun a whole team on his own, we dont exactly have any slow players apart from maybe mdm

1)too slow...just like in 2012-13.
2) the first game way away and newcastle did attack us, against liverpool we were able to play on the counter: despite playing slow in both games though wewon;
3) but here we had to be quick...shades of the sunderland home game last season too. the tempo/quick passing isnt just there
4) corners were shit as ever. we also needed pace, injected too late IMO.
5) and we were poor on the counter, allowing their players to get back on time

Stoke did the perfect smash and grab unfortunately for us, gotta find a way of stopping it from happening more often though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.