City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Sky Blue said:
B\connellblue said:
Disgraceful performance. Until pellegrini get's it into his head that we cannot play with a 2 man midfield one of which is Yaya we're fucked! Hart is a very average goalie , not sure Willy is any better. deserves a chance though because at this stage anyone would be better than Hart!

So Stoke outplayed us in midfield you dick...

Exactly. They won nearly every 2nd ball and seemed up for it more than us. Think a lot is to do with fitness.
Not getting hold of the ball properly and under/over hitting passes are all symptomatic of not being up to speed.
We'll get better, a lot fucking better and we'll need to be with the games coming up.

Our inability to beat the first man (Crouch ffs, cant you see he's 9 foot 7 ???!?!!?!?!?!?!!) at any corner was a frustration. Surprised we didnt play more short corners cos that was fucking dire.

Stoke defended well, but we knew what their plan would be and gave them far too much time to get organised. Distinct lack of urgency and tempo and our longer passes were way too slow.

Bad day at the office and a bit pissed off to lose a home game so early in the season. Let's hope most of it's down to fitness levels as we're far better than that.

I feel like everything changed when Fernando went off. I think that we just didn't have it in us after that. He was excellent against Liverpool and besides that poor pass at the beginning I feel like he was playing decently and would have been key for a win today.

I don't care about goal we conceded, any team can score on a fast break.
What was disappointing is how hopeless we looked offensively.

dctid said:
Manchester_lalala said:
chestervegasblue said:

Can you explain to me why you seemed shocked at my comment? Everything I said is bang on, Navas made a slight difference with his pace but stoke was already comfortable and confident with containing us.

The whole tempo of the team was the issue and the speed of moving the ball from defense to midfield - it was too slow it allowed Stoke to get all their men back into their positiion the players are alot better than today for me fuck all wrong with the team but todays result and performance lies firstly with the players whom looked lazy and to a lesser extent Pellers whom had no fucking alternative.

Personally i did not see a game plan from Pellers today other than try and pass through the fuckers

Hughes must of watch mnf with Neville explaining on how city play and why teams don't click onto it. You keep tabs on silva and Nasri and deny them that space in between the full backs and center backs you've got a good chance of denying them. Sometimes when it doesn't work we rely on individual brilliance but today we had nothing. I think we will be okay this season but fuck me we make it hard for ourselves.

I actually think that Fernando going off injured changed the game. We look way better with him on than Fernandinho and can easily stop those stupid counter attacks. That said a bit stupid to have Kolarov if there is no Dzeko (no height in the box). Cancels out the Liverpool win.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
citymad said:
Blue Haze said:
Our lack of pace in the squad really showed today.

Now you see why Madrid pay silly amounts for fast players. They counter with ferocity, not tap tap, nobody up, look around, back pass, sideways pass, on and on. That was us for 70 minutes.

Absolutely, allows teams to get back and defend in numbers. Thought that Diouff fella was outstanding but MOTM was Crouch, absolutley superb all round game.

how do we have a lack of pace, aguero and naves two of the fastest players, yaya can outrun a whole team on his own, we dont exactly have any slow players apart from maybe mdm

Yes but we don't use them. We play a pass forward then knock it back, forward and then knock it sideways. We weren't going anywhere for large parts of the game. Allowed Stoke to get Crouchy,Moses and Diouff into defensive mode. It was very poor by City, for some reason our full backs seemed very hesitant to make overlapping runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.