City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Haven't seen anyone note what I thought was a bit of problem.. we tend to force it into Aguero when he plays. I mean we know how good he is, and he makes great runs, but we are best when we play as a full team, and then when the chances fall to players like Sergio, he takes them. He gave the ball away quite a bit today trying to force the issue.

I thought the subs were correct, although Dzeko probably should've started, and I didn't get why Navas came in for Nasri instead of Silva. Samir had created a couple of chances for us, and Dave was really struggling, which happens sometimes. We also then could've switched Nasri to the left with Kolorav, and we may have actually got some crosses from him.

It's not as bad as people are going to make it out to be, but there is something to say for not having a lull in the first half. We started off quick, but then fell off after about 15 minutes. Have to keep the pressure going. We're gonna be fine, though, guys. Just gotta learn from it.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MSP said:
And Sagna unfortunately doesn't offer as much as Zab. Zabaleta's runs behind defense are our trademark. Navas does it but his crosses are so shite it's untrue.

its only been one game and your already saying he's not as good as someone. how can you judge a player over another based on one game

Well,it's not one game that I watched him he played 10 years at Arsenal :)

Sagna has magnificent crosses but he doesn't have Zab's engine to push up with those overlapping runs and that is our biggest threat in attack. Zab running behind defense is what make opposition confused and lot of our goals come from such situations. I hope Sagna will do it too but I just don't see him having enough physical power for it, he can't run up and down as much as Zabalete does.

Navas does it but his crosses are shit, he waits too much and when he finally decides to cross, it either finishes on corner flag on opposite side or he hits the first opposition player after giving them enough time to take their positions.

Ancient Citizen said:
CELTICRORY said:
Stoke did the perfect smash and grab unfortunately for us, gotta find a way of stopping it from happening more often though.
And that's all it was. Some of the hysterical shite on here leads me to believe some of our supporters need constant cuddles and love, like some abused child. This Stoke side is never a pushover, and they reverted to type, and stifled the fuck out of City, who were not on the best of days. It happens, it has happened before and it will happen again.

True but think your not giving Stoke enough credit. They were superb today.

BongoBlue said:
Can't help thinking that if Fernando was still on the field, their goal would not have happened. He would have caught up with Diouf...

Hope he's not too badly hurt.

We have to beat Chelsea now to make up for this.

I was thinking the same. He always tracks back and covers for the defenders if they fuck up like they did for the goal. If he was still on the pitch he would have been there to kill the danger.

Shocking result considering we have Arsenal and Chelsea next.

Losing to Stoke at home, really??

Should we have started the side that started against Liverpool?

The international break has come too soon, we need to try and get this result out of our heads quickly.

Ancient Citizen said:
CELTICRORY said:
Stoke did the perfect smash and grab unfortunately for us, gotta find a way of stopping it from happening more often though.
And that's all it was. Some of the hysterical shite on here leads me to believe some of our supporters need constant cuddles and love, like some abused child. This Stoke side is never a pushover, and they reverted to type, and stifled the fuck out of City, who were not on the best of days. It happens, it has happened before and it will happen again.

It's called brand new fan syndrome...they stand out a mile.

citymad said:
Thats what pisses me off it completely negates the Liverpool victory. Its a wake up call and a chance for Chelsea to get an early lead going.
Doesn't completely negate it. Stoke aren't title contenders, we still took points from the rivals against Liverpool. Mishaps like these happen, especially at the begging of the season. Can't win them all.

RandomJ said:
BongoBlue said:
Can't help thinking that if Fernando was still on the field, their goal would not have happened. He would have caught up with Diouf...

Hope he's not too badly hurt.

We have to beat Chelsea now to make up for this.

I was thinking the same. He always tracks back and covers for the defenders if they fuck up like they did for the goal. If he was still on the pitch he would have been there to kill the danger.

Yep, not sure what is going on with Fernandinho last few months either, he's nowhere near of his last season's form. Was pretty bad for Brazil on World Cup and started the season equally average.

Negredo09 said:
TFC said:
Our inability to beat the first man (Crouch ffs, cant you see he's 9 foot 7 ???!?!!?!?!?!?!!) at any corner was a frustration. Surprised we didnt play more short corners cos that was fucking dire.

Didn't their goal come after we screwed up a short corner?

Probably, the whole thing felt like a dream it was that dire. I just remember us hitting Crouch right on the swede with every corner we tried to get in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.