City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Just need to get atleast 4 points off Arsenal and Chelsea next and we can forget this. Nothing to worry about really, people drop points from easy games.

Manchester_lalala said:
dctid said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Can you explain to me why you seemed shocked at my comment? Everything I said is bang on, Navas made a slight difference with his pace but stoke was already comfortable and confident with containing us.

The whole tempo of the team was the issue and the speed of moving the ball from defense to midfield - it was too slow it allowed Stoke to get all their men back into their positiion the players are alot better than today for me fuck all wrong with the team but todays result and performance lies firstly with the players whom looked lazy and to a lesser extent Pellers whom had no fucking alternative.

Personally i did not see a game plan from Pellers today other than try and pass through the fuckers

Hughes must of watch mnf with Neville explaining on how city play and why teams don't click onto it. You keep tabs on silva and Nasri and deny them that space in between the full backs and center backs you've got a good chance of denying them. Sometimes when it doesn't work we rely on individual brilliance but today we had nothing. I think we will be okay this season but fuck me we make it hard for ourselves.

I firmly believe that regardless of how good individually your players are first and formost you have to match the opposition both in work rate and mentality after that the individual and collective skills will prevail. Today we only got going when we were loosing effectively for the first 60 minutes we tossed it off which is inexcusable - that is a fault with the players and the manager

You realise, that sometimes, teams play bad and lose?

Granted, not often at City these days, but it does happen.

Problem? Go support someone else, Chelsea kick off soon.

Sky Blue said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Sky Blue said:
So Stoke outplayed us in midfield you dick...

Exactly. They won nearly every 2nd ball and seemed up for it more than us. Think a lot is to do with fitness.
Not getting hold of the ball properly and under/over hitting passes are all symptomatic of not being up to speed.
We'll get better, a lot fucking better and we'll need to be with the games coming up.

I was taking the piss....they hardly had the ball!

Yes, but when there was a battle for the ball in midfield they seem to come out with it.
I know they didn't create much, but it also stopped us creating. Anyway, I'm not moaning,
as you can tell from the rest of my post, I know we'll get better.

sam-caddick said:
Shocking result considering we have Arsenal and Chelsea next.

Losing to Stoke at home, really??

Should we have started the side that started against Liverpool?

The international break has come too soon, we need to try and get this result out of our heads quickly.

Completely agree, terrible result at just the wrong time. Absolutely devastating. Especially if other results don't go for us this weekend. We were total poison this afternoon.

Agree with those have said Fernando would have tracked the runner for their goal.

Vinny far more guilty than Hart for me, amateurish of him to face up like that, should have just dropped off and shepherded him wide.

That said, biggest disappointment for me today was our corners. It was like an action replay, all floaty, stand up balls with not a single yard of pace on them. It was chronic.

either everyone lives within minutes of the stadium or no one on here goes anymore, never realized how busy it is on here on a match day

Looking at some of the reactions you'd think we'd been smashed 4-0 or drawn with Burnley. We didn't exactly come tearing out of the blocks last season and overall I think we're looking far stronger. Just a blip, onto the next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.