City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

We're running out of time to put this right, aren't we. This is so horrible. It's going to take a sudden and unexpected return to form and some strange results elsewhere to recover the initiative. Can't see this happening, though.

Just back home from another £150 rd trip to watch a bunch of fucking lazy cu@ts who reminded me of Maine Road in the late 80's a complete fucking joke, having clocked up over a 1000 games today went down with the days at Stoke 5-2 losing at OT 5-0 0- 1 v Luton, it was a complete let down, Everton, Fulham, Swansea, Sunderland twice, we are not good enough and having been through the mill to many times I only pray that when the cu@ts do win it they don't do it at our place.
This isn't just today we have been shit since Xmas and its only the home record that has kept us where we are.

It's got to be said, Sunderland took their chances really well. Personally, I didn't think we played as badly as all that. We were playing catchup for too long, but overall we were much the better team. There have been worse results this season, though perhaps this feels more disappointing given the league table. But overall, we still only need Utd to drop 2 points and then beat them in the derby.

What I find worrying is the lack of faith in the club - from the fans, the media, probably the players themselves, everyone is expecting things to go tits up, and so the belief just isn't there.

The scum may have been there and done that, but they're still under pressure. If they show some weakness the headlines will be about them bottling it and we'll be right back in it.

Balotelli and Dzeko can't play in the same side together neither can Nasri and Silva. Kolo and Micah have played well together at centre half but had to make way for Vinnie who struggled today. Clichy and Kolarov are rotated far too much. Milner was our best player not long ago but for some reason has been left out lately, he started well today but is no right back, Zabaleta should have come on for micah. yaya is better playing an advanced role in midfield rather than holding alongside Barry of Nige. Jonno only started to look dangerous when Pizzaro gave him early ball into space, up until then it was just too slow and he had no room. Roberto knows more than i will ever know about football but to me these are some obvious mistakes that he has made. We can still hope for utd slip ups but they are unlikely and i can't see us winning all four away games.

It's all well and good praying for United to lose/drop points but it seems that we can't rely on ourselves to any more.

All I ask of the team now is to never play that badly again and don't give up like Spurs effectively did.

Pam said:
We're running out of time to put this right, aren't we. This is so horrible. It's going to take a sudden and unexpected return to form and some strange results elsewhere to recover the initiative. Can't see this happening, though.

After last weeks rallying calls and ludicrous optimism it appears reality has bitten.

FantasyIreland said:
Overall - shocking.

Up until the intro of Tevez and Pizarro,who both clearly should have been on the pitch earlier,we lacked any thrust or tempo.What can't be forgiven is a lack of fight and Sunderland destroyed us in the effort and industry depts.

Too many players going through the motions,it's difficult to criticise a player who scores twice but Mario was poor and Yaya even worse.

Kolarov is not good enough,i'm sick of seeing him on the pitch,he cannot defend and has cost us dearly this season.

We desperately need to replace Kolo,again just not good enough and he doesn't appear to have the confidence of his team mates.

Being honest though,this result,which deserved to be worse,didn't really surprise me......

As soon as I see NDJ on the team sheet I worry. Hard to criticise him in a way because he does fook all.

id love to see Balo and Edin even notice each other on the pitch-mark my words today we lost the premiership and Mancini will be gone thankfully at the end of the season

Damanino said:
Way too late. Started play against Swansea when we conceded in 83. minute.

Today we waited for the last 5 minutes and let them score 3 goals. Horrible mentality issue.

Free chance to United to go 5 points clear. Sad but it's gone. We handed over the title.

On a Silva platter? I cannot understand why, with the talent in the squad, we do not go for a team's jugular from the word go, and make their inadequate back fours do some bloody work, and make the oppo goalkeeper the busiest player on the pitch. We had more momentum going forward when Robinho and Superman were leading the charge!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.