City v United |Carling Cup | 19th Jan |Match Day thread

Haven't had chance to check the whole thread, as this is rescheduled I'm presuming my access card will still be active? Can someone PM me the answer. Ta

I believe this game needs the Hamburg factor (I know people are sick of hearing it) but really when was the last time United actually played infront of a proper intimidating atmosphere.

I have a brother who's 28, born the day of the 1981 disaster against spurs, we've not been near a final (one worth of note in major trophy sense) since then, and he refuses to accept that this is changing that we are now coming up and this Semi-Final is not going to end in the 'typical' way. I accept never playing the scum is easy, but I also accept that my beloved Manchester City fear no team and no man anymore.

I'm refusing to predict a score for this, but if I hedged my bets I'd probably get the sense that 'scum' will get an away goal whether we score 4 more than them, they will score, probably Owen or Anderson.

Just remember folks, that we can be the 12th Man over 2 games, the scum never have a 12th Man let's take advantage and make some fooking noise boys. & girls. :)

there wont be a problem with noise off us it will be just like hamburg but and here it is lads fergiescum will know it and will want to kill the noise as early as possible, the boys at the back really need to be on there toes, already fergiescum is worried,its obvious that he has already started heaping praise on his strikers on sky, expect this to increase after saturdays matches are out of the way, you know the press over here he will be afford double pages in every paper, just lap it up hes worried

After todays abject performance, I think a few changes are needed for the Derby. Today we got overan in the midfield, Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry were powerless to the onsurge of Everton pressure. With the way we play, I really think a 3 man midfield suits.

So with that in mind :

----------------------GIVEN-------------------------------

-ZABALETA----RICHARDS---KOMPANY-----SYLVINHO-------

-------------DE JONG-----VIERA------BARRY---------------

--SWP-------------------------------------BELLAMY-------

----------------------TEVEZ-------------------------------

Bring the fuckers on.

Does anybody think Ireland will be fit for Tuesday? Or if Vieira will make an appearance?

I really hope Ireland is fit for it and would love to see Vieira make some sort of appearance, just because of his history with the rags.

The atmosphere will be out of this world, I can't wait to be in the Stadium witnessing this!

lee-mcfc said:
from watching us today we were bluddy awful.
so am not so confident about this match anymore..

I think Mancini will get this sorted out for Tuesday, he knows how important this game is to us and he will not want two losses within a few days of each other, nevermind a home loss to our biggest rivals in a first leg of a semi cup final and the first time we play them under his management. Today was a major step in allowing Mancini to see the weak areas of our team and he will be able to use that to strengthen us for Tuesday much better than he would have done if we had won again. In Mancini we trust. We need to regroup and head into Tuesday with our heads held high, showing as much confidence as we can and believe, I know we all have our worries now and that's fine but we can't show that to them.

Richard said:
After todays abject performance, I think a few changes are needed for the Derby. Today we got overan in the midfield, Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry were powerless to the onsurge of Everton pressure. With the way we play, I really think a 3 man midfield suits.

So with that in mind :

----------------------GIVEN-------------------------------

-ZABALETA----RICHARDS---KOMPANY-----SYLVINHO-------

-------------DE JONG-----VIERA------BARRY---------------

--SWP-------------------------------------BELLAMY-------

----------------------TEVEZ-------------------------------

Bring the fuckers on.

Sylvinho? seriously?

Yes. Need that experience for big games like this. He didnt do too bad when he played the Scum back in May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.