City v United ticket info

The Northern Baptist said:
I find this 'I don't go to Old Trafford because I'm not giving them my money' frankly pathetic.

Imagine everyone had the same thought process? no one supporting the lads on derby day - nice one!

This usually comes from people who are more than happy to see others fork out £50 to support the team on their behalf.
This, i agree. Suprised that our 'fans' refuse too not give the lads some support just because its in the theatre of shite! Its a shit hole but at the end of the day its a football ground (only just) like the other 19 in the league ha

thelegde said:
As a "points whore" with over 15000, I've been going home and away for nearly 50 years, so the advantage I get from staggered sales is basically to be first in the queue for the cheapest tickets. That is a bonus cos I don't want to give the red bastards anymore than £45.

I think you misunderstand what a points whore is. A points whore can be found on various social media offering to buy tickets for games he has no intention of going to and selling them on to people he does not know to collect points for games he has not attended. He does this to "help fellow blues" but in effect is helping himself up the points scale and actually stops other "fellow blues", who would otherwise have qualified legitimately, from getting a ticket.

People, like yourself, who have amassed such points, are supporters.

The club need to ban the people whoring out their points. They're not hard to find.

manchester blue said:
thelegde said:
As a "points whore" with over 15000, I've been going home and away for nearly 50 years, so the advantage I get from staggered sales is basically to be first in the queue for the cheapest tickets. That is a bonus cos I don't want to give the red bastards anymore than £45.

I think you misunderstand what a points whore is. A points whore can be found on various social media offering to buy tickets for games he has no intention of going to and selling them on to people he does not know to collect points for games he has not attended. He does this to "help fellow blues" but in effect is helping himself up the points scale and actually stops other "fellow blues", who would otherwise have qualified legitimately, from getting a ticket.

The club need to ban the people whoring out their points. They're not hard to find.
You've missed out the biggest points whores who are organised and doing it on an industrial scale, they are called Supporters Clubs, which makes you last but one sentence quite ironic

squirtyflower said:
manchester blue said:
thelegde said:

You've missed out the biggest points whores who are organised and doing it on an industrial scale, they are called Supporters Clubs, which makes you last but one sentence quite ironic

The reality a supporters' club will get as many tickets than the aforementioned Superbia fan if that is indeed true. Not that I agree with clubs getting tickets but it's been a long standing tradition since the bad old days.

I am a fan of points system but the fine detail needs sorting out starting with points only being given for home games. Get your points up by attending City v Chesterfield in the cup in January not by attending the glamour away games. Away games have little commercial gain for City so why give points?

manchester blue said:
squirtyflower said:
manchester blue said:

The reality a supporters' club will get as many tickets than the aforementioned Superbia fan if that is indeed true. Not that I agree with clubs getting tickets but it's been a long standing tradition since the bad old days.

I am a fan of points system but the fine detail needs sorting out starting with points only being given for home games. Get your points up by attending City v Chesterfield in the cup in January not by attending the glamour away games. Away games have little commercial gain for City so why give points?
I think the Superbia statement was meant as so e kind of humour
They don't get eight tickets
I think you should only get points for home games too

However there has been systematic abuse of the points system going on for several years and the club could stop it quite easily by stopping their allocation.

I find this 'I don't go to Old Trafford because I'm not giving them my money' frankly pathetic.

Imagine everyone had the same thought process? no one supporting the lads on derby day - nice one!

This usually comes from people who are more than happy to see others fork out £50 to support the team on their behalf.
LOL. What name are you going to get on the back of your shirt then? And don't forget to buy the jigsaw of the Deputy Financial Controller while you're in the Megastore.

Were you freezing your arse off at West Brom on Boxing Day then? Or getting pissed wet through having got up at some ungodly hour on New Years Day last year to go to Swansea? I was so I've nothing to answer for but I choose not to go to that place. No one could possibly doubt Eccles Blue's support for this club and she feels the same. So it's certainly not pathetic.

middleton___blue said:

This, i agree. Suprised that our 'fans' refuse too not give the lads some support just because its in the theatre of shite! Its a shit hole but at the end of the day its a football ground (only just) like the other 19 in the league ha

But if I decided that I wasn't going but let someone else use my ticket I would then be a points whore!! Can't win can I??? But to be honest, it's my season card, I've got enough points from going to every other away match possible and I can spend my money how I want to not how someone else feels I should. :-)

Thanks for your support PB.

p.s. with 7 brothers who support that lot, although only one of them has set foot in the place for over 25 years and the one who has only goes once in a while and sits in the corporate box area, I think I've got some more reasons for not going. If they won't put money in their own team's coffers why should I?? ;-)

deafmanstevo said:
de niro said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Kind of thought that's what it was all about,I don't go away much nowadays,therefore don't expect a ticket
And why would you not go just because it's at united !

as prices rise and ko times get even more bizaar the older blues like myself will think "fuck that" as i the upcoming palace game. loads of blues i know are swerving this. tickets will be there to be had, points are there to be had.. lets see if it sells out at even medium points level.

*doesn't hold breath*

There is a good reason why some have a higher loyalty point count than others is going off experience they have a higher income, simply they could afford to go, I know many who would love to go but can't cos they have mortgages/rent and bills to pay, the very same people you are saying to get a ticket for palace are ones who couldn't afford it . It cost the best part of 100-200 pounds to go to palace a lot of money to some.

Also I think it will sell out, why cos i know a couple of blues who are buying their tickets who have no intention of going but hoping to sell them on , but not bothered if they do, so I think it will sell out but could be a few empty seats .

exactly.

its a cycle, we have all missed games, sometimes seasons, due to rent, bills etc. luckily for us the points we now have were gained over a long period so as bills diminished we could make the games. mind you the team was shit. if the team was shit now this thread wouldn't even be on here.

totallywired said:
The main issue for me is the 3,000 allocation out of 75.000. fuckin scum. We should give them the same percentage when they slither over to our place.

THIS, how can they get away with this, they have 30 k more seats then us this year but we give them around 3 k same as they give us.

ANYWAY I WONT GO TO THE SWAMP, DONT WANT TO GIVE THEM A PENNY OF MY MONEY

East Level 2 said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why does anyone even give money to those scummy cockroaches. May as well spend money at the Megastore while you're at it and get a rag shirt with your name on. True blues don't give them a penny.

The utter humiliation of the 1-6 was worth every penny
Correct. I'm paying to watch my team not the opposition.

THAT IS WRONG, YOU MY FRIEND ARE GIVING MONEY TO THEM, city don't get a penny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.