City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

freewheelinfranklin said:
bollocks, you insult me with a rag reference and now you're claiming the moral high ground...

I made a post earlier with a number of what I felt we're valid points...

Instant reaction from keyboard warrior no #1 was a load of insults.

Now you turn up with some pathetic rag reference but I'm in the wrong.

Fuck you... and stick your fucking Mod status up your arse..
So you think, that because I'm a mod I'm not entitled to an opinion ? If so, in your own words "fuck you", I'll post my own opinion on a thread on a forum I care about, if you don't like it, then tough luck.

I read your "valid points", and I agreed with the "keyboard warrior no #1" about most of them.

I'm disappointed with today's result, disappointed with the manager, and a number of his players, but I'm not anti the manager, or anti the players, I understand that football is a game where the best can be beaten by lesser teams sometimes, especially if they let their levels drop, our next opponent lost in a similar manner yesterday, last week WE won a trophy, the ONLY one that has been won this season so far.

The Light Was Yellow said:
Now, before anyone starts, I know I am a man of few posts but that just means I haven't been posting for long and not that I am of the rag persuasion!
I enjoy reading this forum and it looks like the vast majority like to express an opinion in an open and honest fashion. There is, however, a trend which is somewhat worrisome. As a lifelong blue I understand disappointment, constructive criticism and even anger on occasion. What i read in many posts is some sort of entitlement. Other teams are not allowed to play well against us, ever. We can never, ever, have an 'off-day'. If referees give us anything then so they should. If they don't, they are all cheating and bent! Everyone hates us and there is a massive agenda against us. These things seem to be somewhat unlikely. Sometimes the opposition make the most of their day, as we used to do when we were near the bottom or in a different division. Some referees make some mistakes, as do players and, dare I say it, some supporters.
Some of you seem to have forgotten the cameraderie and sense of humour, for which we were famed. Some of you seem to expect to win whilst offering nothing when things are not going perfectly. Constant criticism of players, the manager and fellow supporters is not always helpful. The boys might well need us now as much as they have ever done. Let's get behind them and lose any sense of entitlement. I thought that belonged in a different place.
You sir really should post more often (rag :o) )

cleavers said:
bollocks, you insult me with a rag reference and now you're claiming the moral high ground...

So you think, that because I'm a mod I'm not entitled to an opinion ? If so, in your own words "fuck you", I'll post my own opinion on a thread on a forum I care about, if you don't like it, then tough luck.

I read your "valid points", and I agreed with the "keyboard warrior no #1" about most of them.

I'm disappointed with today's result, disappointed with the manager, and a number of his players, but I'm not anti the manager, or anti the players, I understand that football is a game where the best can be beaten by lesser teams sometimes, especially if they let their levels drop, our next opponent lost in a similar manner yesterday, last week WE won a trophy, the ONLY one that has been won this season so far.

What a pile of self important shite...
I understand football as well, and it is with that understanding that I made what I believe to be valid points. The response was primarily insults, as was your contribution...

I try not to post on here often but today was a disgrace...

I don't believe in slagging off MDM or any of the players, but the 2nd string is nowhere near good enough.

At this point I have to point out that Mancini flagged up a number of issues with the squad even in Jan last year.

The same problems are still there, the mediocrity that Mancini was trying to get out of the squad is still there or has been replaced by equally mediocre or worse.

The new manager has come and had half a season, the refresh of faces has had some effect but anyone who's seen us in the 2nd half of this season can see the same faults creeping back in. Even before that, it started with 10 min periods, two or three per game where intensity dropped and teams got at us, even in games we were dominating. re Liverpool & Arsenal...

So the guys I'm really wondering about at this point are the 2 Spanish blokes behind the scenes. Who is really calling the shots when it comes to squad and priorities.

I know some might not like it but I'm going to say it anyway... the rot set in once Mancini was undermined. We're now on a downward curve.

Correct. They have a lot to answer for.

They backed the players last season letting them effectively manage the club. No club that expects to be successful should ever allow that. Ever. Ever . Ever.

And from what I'm hearing the same thing is starting to happen again. Put it this way I've been told by a very well placed source that one of the reasons Pelli keeps picking MDM is as a show of control over certain players that are crying to the Barça boys that he isn't good enough.

Or to put it another way, there is a reason certain key players weren't picked today, or in at least one case, not even on the bench.

cleavers said:

I understand football as well, and it is with that understanding that I made what I believe to be valid points. The response was primarily insults, as was your contribution...

Actually you self important prick, can you do me a favour and delete me... I really have got better things to do than get wound up by tossers like you.

cleavers said:
onceabluealways said:
Peller's ability to manage the squad has to come under serious scrutiny. I'd like to know whyafter the warford game he made similar changes to our defense with the same result except this time we didn't recover.

Why when we have had so many games is Milner not even getting a sniff of start ing games yet Navas is pellers emrgency get out.
I thought exactly this when I saw the line ups, I said to a colleague that this defence had us 0-2 against Watford at half time, and at half time he jokingly said to me, that's an improvement then, to which I laughed, but unlike Watford we changed nothing, and within 2 minutes it was the same scoreline. At that point I knew we were in trouble, because Wigan are markedly better than Watford, and so they showed, we had enough chances to still get out of trouble, but we put ourselves in big trouble in that 2 minutes after half time, firstly by changing nothing, and secondly by conceding again. The first goal should not have been too costly, we had an hour to sort it out, but without a shot of note in 45 minutes why was nothing changed, it clearly wasn't working.

I won't question MP's rotation, because for the most part this season he's managed it well, today it didn't work, but little credit is being given to Uwe, who also rotated, but got his plan right (though we handed him the initiative sadly).

The reactionary idiots on this thread (and others), and those who I don't believe are real blues, can carry on posting their opinions, and I'll post mine on them.

Managers have shit days at the office, players have shit days at the office, today we managed to have both do it, and we need a reaction now, on Wednesday, but far more importantly next week at Hull.

6 points in the next 2 league games will make things look far rosier than they do right now, no matter what happens on Wednesday night.
I too remarked at KO when we saw the team, that they'd score.

And it's pretty obvious that unlike you (and me), Pellegrini has prioritised FCB over WAFC & Hull. I get why Fernandinho and other players were rested, but not why Kompany was rested. In his position he could play all 3 games.

Pellegrini has seriously undermined City's season at a key moment. One or two mistakes are acceptable, even major ones. But there's too much else going on eg Demichelis constantly getting selected when his legs have gone, and not playing Richards and Rodwell which is weakening their game

cleavers said:

Actually you self important prick, can you do me a favour and delete me... I really have got better things to do than get wound up by tossers like you.
Your post was misinformed, and I corrected you on points 1 to 4 as they were grossly inaccurate, Nothing 'keyboard warrior' about that. I apologised for point 5, which in hindsight I thought was a bit presumptuous. Now you've got me doubting myself.

I could, but I won't give you that pleasure, just because you disagree with me having an opinion about you, or football, and I still don't think you're a blue, but that's just my opinion, based on what you have posted.

I'll not rise to the abuse either so its wasted.

the sign of a good manager is the fact he can improve players , Nasri , Kolarov , Garcia , Aguero , YaYa have all improved on last season and Negredo , Navas and fernandihno have been a success , if you take injuries out of the equation (richards, jovetic , rodwell , nastasic etc) i dont think any of our players have gone backwards , The only possible exceptions are the english players lescott,milner and hart(early season) , because i dont think he rates english players technically , and doesnt trust them to keep possesssion or use the ball , but overall hes a decent manager , who plays the game the right way ,and treats people with respect , unlike mourinho

steviemc said:

Your post was misinformed, and I corrected you on points 1 to 4 as they were grossly inaccurate, Nothing 'keyboard warrior' about that. I apologised for point 5, which in hindsight I thought was a bit presumptuous. Now you've got me doubting myself.

wtf gives you the right to say my post was misinformed... informed by what? You didn't correct me on anything, you gave your alternative opinion which as you said, means no more or less than mine...

nothing left for us to discuss... I accepted your apology...

my problem now is with a mod calling me a rag...<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 am --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
I could, but I won't give you that pleasure, just because you disagree with me having an opinion about you, or football, and I still don't think you're a blue, but that's just my opinion, based on what you have posted.

I'll not rise to the abuse either so its wasted.

Pathetic... its the only word for this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.