City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Marvin said:
cleavers said:
onceabluealways said:
Peller's ability to manage the squad has to come under serious scrutiny. I'd like to know whyafter the warford game he made similar changes to our defense with the same result except this time we didn't recover.

Why when we have had so many games is Milner not even getting a sniff of start ing games yet Navas is pellers emrgency get out.
I thought exactly this when I saw the line ups, I said to a colleague that this defence had us 0-2 against Watford at half time, and at half time he jokingly said to me, that's an improvement then, to which I laughed, but unlike Watford we changed nothing, and within 2 minutes it was the same scoreline. At that point I knew we were in trouble, because Wigan are markedly better than Watford, and so they showed, we had enough chances to still get out of trouble, but we put ourselves in big trouble in that 2 minutes after half time, firstly by changing nothing, and secondly by conceding again. The first goal should not have been too costly, we had an hour to sort it out, but without a shot of note in 45 minutes why was nothing changed, it clearly wasn't working.

I won't question MP's rotation, because for the most part this season he's managed it well, today it didn't work, but little credit is being given to Uwe, who also rotated, but got his plan right (though we handed him the initiative sadly).

The reactionary idiots on this thread (and others), and those who I don't believe are real blues, can carry on posting their opinions, and I'll post mine on them.

Managers have shit days at the office, players have shit days at the office, today we managed to have both do it, and we need a reaction now, on Wednesday, but far more importantly next week at Hull.

6 points in the next 2 league games will make things look far rosier than they do right now, no matter what happens on Wednesday night.
I too remarked at KO when we saw the team, that they'd score.

And it's pretty obvious that unlike you (and me), Pellegrini has prioritised FCB over WAFC & Hull. I get why Fernandinho and other players were rested, but not why Kompany was rested. In his position he could play all 3 games.

Pellegrini has seriously undermined City's season at a key moment. One or two mistakes are acceptable, even major ones. But there's too much else going on eg Demichelis constantly getting selected when his legs have gone, and not playing Richards and Rodwell which is weakening their game
I was agreeing with most of that until Richards and Rodwell appeared, they're not playing because, even when we do need to rotate, they're not up to the job, maybe the same with Demichelis (but that was Garcia 3 months ago in many peoples eyes).

He'll play his best 11 available against Hull, whatever team he plays in Barcelona, the guy is not an idiot, and I've no doubt about it, so I'd say he's prioritised Barca and Hull over Wigan, I'd have done that too.

gmckennasell said:
the sign of a good manager is the fact he can improve players , Nasri , Kolarov , Garcia , Aguero , YaYa have all improved on last season and Negredo , Navas and fernandihno have been a success , if you take injuries out of the equation (richards, jovetic , rodwell , nastasic etc) i dont think any of our players have gone backwards , The only possible exceptions are the english players lescott,milner and hart(early season) , because i dont think he rates english players technically , and doesnt trust them to keep possesssion or use the ball , but overall hes a decent manager , who plays the game the right way ,and treats people with respect , unlike mourinho
Richards and Rodwell have deteriorated partly because of injuries, but Pellegrini has made a very big mistake in not going out of his way to play them. He also does not play Milner enough

I can't look beyond the repeated selections of Demichelis and the resting of Kompany today.

This was a crucial game not just for the FA Cup but for the momentum of our season. It was a chance to keep the season going after the inevitable defeat at FCB. We wont see the ball over there. And by the time we get to the Hull game, we will be the next club in crisis

This is all self-generated and so unnecessary. You watch the week un-fold.

Marvin said:
gmckennasell said:
the sign of a good manager is the fact he can improve players , Nasri , Kolarov , Garcia , Aguero , YaYa have all improved on last season and Negredo , Navas and fernandihno have been a success , if you take injuries out of the equation (richards, jovetic , rodwell , nastasic etc) i dont think any of our players have gone backwards , The only possible exceptions are the english players lescott,milner and hart(early season) , because i dont think he rates english players technically , and doesnt trust them to keep possesssion or use the ball , but overall hes a decent manager , who plays the game the right way ,and treats people with respect , unlike mourinho
Richards and Rodwell have deteriorated partly because of injuries, but Pellegrini has made a very big mistake in not going out of his way to play them. He also does not play Milner enough

I can't look beyond the repeated selections of Demichelis and the resting of Kompany today.

This was a crucial game not just for the FA Cup but for the momentum of our season. It was a chance to keep the season going after the inevitable defeat at FCB. We wont see the ball over there. And by the time we get to the Hull game, we will be the next club in crisis

This is all self-generated and so unnecessary. You watch the week un-fold.

Watched the weak unfold on here ever since the final whistle. Plenty of football to be played yet.

to me its very simple this

look at the teams who have beaten us so far across all competitions

what similar tactics did they use to frustrate us and in other circumstances beat us? They all played high up with tempo and outnumbered us in midfield

i thought we'd learnt our lesson against bayern. every other team watched and did, or tried or attempted. Some failed, wigan didn't. thats where we lost. against chelsea, against wigan and nearly against Sunderland.

So as a manager what do u do? answers on a postcard

freewheelinfranklin said:
wtf gives you the right to say my post was misinformed... informed by what?
It was either misinformed or plain damn stupid, as you based your opinion on things that haven't happened yet. Now unless you possess a hoverboard or until I start believing in Mystic Meg, I reserve the right to question your comment. If you don't want anybody to respond to your posts, then a forum may not really be the place for you.

Poor performance and a big let down after a good week.

No use blaming individuals , collectively we were not up for it.

Another poor first half ala Stoke , Norwich and Sunderland and it must be addressed.

We have been below par for sometime now and its only the quality of opposition that have flattered some of the results.

Play with that lack of intensity and haphazard approach at Barca and it will be embarrassing.

Really need to up the anti to prevent the season becoming another what could have been.

Our game against Hull will see if we still have the hunger to stay in the title race.

No excuse for not finishing title holders or running Chelsea to a close finish.

The Light Was Yellow said:
Now, before anyone starts, I know I am a man of few posts but that just means I haven't been posting for long and not that I am of the rag persuasion!
I enjoy reading this forum and it looks like the vast majority like to express an opinion in an open and honest fashion. There is, however, a trend which is somewhat worrisome. As a lifelong blue I understand disappointment, constructive criticism and even anger on occasion. What i read in many posts is some sort of entitlement. Other teams are not allowed to play well against us, ever. We can never, ever, have an 'off-day'. If referees give us anything then so they should. If they don't, they are all cheating and bent! Everyone hates us and there is a massive agenda against us. These things seem to be somewhat unlikely. Sometimes the opposition make the most of their day, as we used to do when we were near the bottom or in a different division. Some referees make some mistakes, as do players and, dare I say it, some supporters.
Some of you seem to have forgotten the cameraderie and sense of humour, for which we were famed. Some of you seem to expect to win whilst offering nothing when things are not going perfectly. Constant criticism of players, the manager and fellow supporters is not always helpful. The boys might well need us now as much as they have ever done. Let's get behind them and lose any sense of entitlement. I thought that belonged in a different place.

The fact nobody has pulled you up on the points in your post is because they are all rational and entirely correct.

As has been said before, its a good job only fanzines existed during our darkest days and not internet forums!!

steviemc said:
wtf gives you the right to say my post was misinformed... informed by what?
It was either misinformed or plain damn stupid, as you based your opinion on things that haven't happened yet. Now unless you possess a hoverboard or until I start believing in Mystic Meg, I reserve the right to question your comment. If you don't want anybody to respond to your posts, then a forum may not really be the place for you.

Then you clearly didn't read my comment properly...

For clarity, the point I made was that our PL season is not as good as last year (so far). I pointed out the games in hand as must win games. I stand by the point.

I'm not sure about the stats but I suspect that we are behind the equivalent stage last year.

I do agree on your last point, which is why I don't post very often. I'm happy to have an exchange of views but I take exception to my opinion being dismissed in a flurry of insults.

As for the rag nonsense from the mod, that's a step too far and I'm out.

If I can work out how to delete myself that is, since the mod wanker apparently thinks he's asserted some kind of superiority by declining my request.

As for the rag nonsense from the mod, that's a step too far and I'm out.

If I can work out how to delete myself that is, since the mod wanker apparently thinks he's asserted some kind of superiority by declining my request.
Welcome back.

"Logout" - its next to your name top right, below the advert.

I'm still not rising to your bait though, you're welcome to post your opinion, just as I will post my opinion.

cleavers said:
fuck off...

now abuse your mod status by banning me...

pathetic
My "mod status" has nothing to do with it, I was just stating my opinion, even as a "mod" I'm allowed one, and as you say said yourself you rarely post on here, I was just offering my opinion as to why not. (I'll ignore the personal abuse you offer on my opinion).

bollocks, you insult me with a rag reference and now you're claiming the moral high ground...

I made a post earlier with a number of what I felt we're valid points...

Instant reaction from keyboard warrior no #1 was a load of insults.

Now you turn up with some pathetic rag reference but I'm in the wrong.

Fuck you... and stick your fucking Mod status up your arse..

You do have a problem don`t you !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.