City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Champions again in 2012 said:
Oh, and before the Sheikh I would have settled for winning just the League cup

Yes but when it's all on a plate and complacency is costing you then your argument goes out the window.

Hello, my name is Adrian and while I am new to this forum I have been a City fan and football fanatic for many years and I'd like to share my opinion on this game without the "as-usual" slander anyone would get on Facebook.

First off, Demichelis is a good defender. He is experienced, but he is rather rudimentary and age is also a factor to consider. His reaction time is slow and he gets caught off guard by faster, more technical players. In both situations people accuse him of giving away penalties, against Barca and today against Wigan, there was absolutely no cause for a penalty. I still think he provides adequate cover to the team in the wake of a missing Nastasic and I do feel Kompany has been hesitant in the games he has played this past month. He should be dropped, in typical Hart fashion, so that he can focus more in training, but he is useful to the team and has suffered from scapegoating and bad luck throughout this season.

Second, I really do despise Dzeko's style of play and attitude on the feel and I think he should be benched till the end of the season and then let go to the highest bidder (if anyone will cough up enough cash). He has missed some monumental chances today and throughout these past months he has been absolutely woeful to watch. He seems disinterested and when he scores, it looks like a total fluke. We should cut our losses and focus on Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic for the coming season, plus the prospect of Guidetti.

Third, I don't think we should lose hope against Barcelona, but I can't agree with not fielding the best squad in the late stages of an important competition. I cannot begin to conceive what Pellegrini was thinking by benching Kompany and Kolarov, but it's too late now. Micah Richards was a waste of space for the most part of the game, I think he has a career as an airplane signaler when he's out of a contract. Aguero is out of shape badly and has seemed to lose confidence. He didn't play very well against Romania last week either. The only good thing I see and the only player worth praises for his performances and dedication to the team is Nasri.

So yeah, that's my two cents.

Back 4 had no understanding or discipline Start with the best 11 and let Wednesday take care of itself, as previously posted we had more chance of FA Cup than CL. Hopefully after Wednesday our league form doesn't suffer and we struggle to finish 4th.

City fan for 50 years, been there and seen it happen before.

Is Pelli any better than Bobby Manc in all honesty?

TGR said:
The manager has to take 100% of the blame for that defeat due to his team selection.
We should / could have won that game in a canter. A major fuck up.

Can't agree, the team put out should have been more than capable of beating a championship side, no matter how well they're playing.

Player mentality issue for me.

Champions again in 2012 said:
All too casual. Started with parade of league cup and Garcia having pictures taken with his baby just before kick off. Poor back four with MDM and I'm afraid Micah isn't the player he should have become. We didn't play for 65 minutes and in my opinion paid the price for that. Three defeats at the Etihad this season is a bit of a concern for me. All the talk of the quadruple and if we don't start to work harder and make our quality count we could possibly end up with just the league cup.

Just what the fuck was that all about with Garcia before the kick off?
I was glad to see he was 100% focused on the game about to kick off.
Someone needs to have a word with him and also the manager for allowing it.

Cobwebcat said:
Question: if we had played Kompany with Lescott we win this match dont we?

Almost. Dzeko should be playing left back over Clichy at the moment.

Fantastic management by Uwe. City had no answer to 3 at the back till Milner came on. Then he changed it to stop getting overrun.
Piss poor management by Pellegrini.

I will say this again:
DeMichalis is shite
He shouldn't play again for us this season unless we have an injury. He is a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Why Milner doesn't start in every game from now to the end of the season is simply beyond me.
He is fresh and clearly knows what is required.

I don't know what has happened to Negrado - total crap today. Aguero not much better either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.