City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Playing Demichelis alongside Lescott in an FA Cup Quarter Final is a sackable offence

We have just thrown away the chance of going to Wembley. I waited half a lifetime for that

We have got a great team. These chances come along so rarely.

How can we trust Pellegrini to manage our team, when he keeps picking players like Demichelis who have made some really really big mistakes in big big games? If you must play him, then cover his weaknesses by playing a quick defender alongside him

It became obvious today that we are prioritising the CL , at the expense of at least the FA cup.
Even if we lose at Barca , or even sneak a draw , or who knows , a win - the point is that it will be watched by a worldwide audience , and will shine a huge light on the club and of course , bring increased attention and revenues.
That , I'm afraid , is the name of the game these days , and until we have a second string better than the one we have, we are going to have to put up with days like today!
Let's pray for a performance on weds. This is where Pellegrini earns his corn. Wigan came here today with no hope - we go to Spain on weds with no hope - we have nothing to lose- opportunity knocks!

After slowly absorbing it over the past few hours, I've realized that the worst thing to happen tonight was not losing (bear with me), it was that MDM didn't see a red card or have one of his legs snapped in half. That means he'll be available to ruin our chances in the league. He's single-handedly knocked us out of two competitions now (he has, don't even try to debate that), and he's still fit to knock off the last remaining hope of a double. I don't think Pellegrini is able to make the right choices in defense, so I am worried like hell.

B\connellblue said:
I have yet to see any evidence of this great tactician that manages our club. His tactic when things aren't going our way seems to be just throw on world class players and hope for the best. How the fuck anyone can rate Demechelis is baffling. he will end up costing us everything. Corners seem to be a complete waste of time. We never look dangerous from them. Pellers continues to make the same selection blunders game after game and that's worrying. these funereally slow starts have become the norm of late. we've lost 3 of our last 5 at home in all competitions, now that's a real worry.

This is how it is.
MP is not learning from previous mistakes.
Some players are nowhere good enough.
FA cup should have been prioritised ahead of a 2-0 deficit in CL.
Great opportunity missed again.

I've read every post on here up to this point, and for far too many posters to actually put down that somehow MP wearing a hoodie somehow had a hand in this defeat, along with a new born child, need to sober up, wise up, grow up! I couldn't give a toss if he stands in his boxers for fuck sake! That team out on that pitch today should be more than good enough to defeat Wigan day in day out. He selected players good enough to do the job and they didn't. Also see a couple of posts regarding Taylor and his officials. He's never anything other that awful in most games involving City and a total wanker in the same league as Foy and Dowd. Top drawer clowns but we still should've been good enough to win that game. Wigan's 2nd goal was Clichy day dreaming. Our chance that fell to the impotent Dzeko unfortunately had a Wigan defender, Boyce doing his job and deflecting Dzeko's effort over the bar, when in honesty Dzeko should've laced the ball and Boyce into the back of the net! A tad unfair I admit but our strikers need dozens of chances at the moment to convert them into a single goal. Also tooooooo many football managers on here who would've played this player, played this formation blah blah. Easy statements because they're never going to be proven are they. As I said earlier this team selection should've been good enough to win this. I'd congratulate Wigan and Uwe ( I'm well old enough to remember Uwe and lots before him) but I'd only be paying lip service I just don't feel it in honesty. Beaten in last years final and beaten in this years competition in the quarters by Wigan. Oh fuck me, really!!!!

just this ..great post !!

Bodicoteblue said:
It became obvious today that we are prioritising the CL , at the expense of at least the FA cup.
Even if we lose at Barca , or even sneak a draw , or who knows , a win - the point is that it will be watched by a worldwide audience , and will shine a huge light on the club and of course , bring increased attention and revenues.
That , I'm afraid , is the name of the game these days , and until we have a second string better than the one we have, we are going to have to put up with days like today!
Let's pray for a performance on weds. This is where Pellegrini earns his corn. Wigan came here today with no hope - we go to Spain on weds with no hope - we have nothing to lose- opportunity knocks!

I fully understand this need from the club for commercial success and there is undoubted pressure on the manager for Champions League success but surely that has to be viewed differently if we are 2 nil down going to Barcelona with a home tie v Wigan in the FA Cup which in itself would bring the club loads of attention and commercial success. What really annoys me with games like today is that we have only won three trophies so far and nowhere near enough for me to start prioritising which trophy is more important. When or if we can dominate the domestic scene for a few more years then I would expect us to turn our attention to even bigger glories. I love the clubs ambitions but its a bit egotistical and has bitten us hard on our arses tonight. We didn't learn after Wigan last season its unforgiveable to repeat the same attitude again and so soon to the very same team.

We were an absolute disgrace today............

Pantilimon - can really conplain
Richards - did he contribute anything, I think not
Demichelis - why would an experienced defender make that challenge, no need, I expect that of a 20 year old but not someone with experience
Lescott - should have tucked round more so the above wasn't needed
Clichy - shit, wakey wakey son
Garcia - see above
yaya - petulant, would have been sent if not got the curly finger
Navas - ???? mmmmmmmmmmm not so sure
Nasri - at least showed passion and commitment, if not the end product
Sergio- working back to fitness so forgiven this time, but didnt contribute
Negredo - not the same player recently...........why\????

Still finding it hard to take in that we've pissed away that chance to get to the final. I wonder what the next marketing email from City will be pushing. Will we see a macho MDM modelling the latest in City gear? I must admit I don't pay them too much attention as I've never bought into all that promo shit.

MAD4cITy1894 said:
The answer is quite simply, he is the manager. He is the person who chose to play a weakened side in the FA Cup quarter final, in order to rest his side for a dead rubber in the Chumps league. Far too much emphasis on Chumps league lets dominant domestically before we worry about Europe. Pellers totally to blame, poor team selection, esp the defence.

"chose" or was he asked, or told. Was there no discussion with Soriano and Begiristain about priorities ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.