City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

mscenterh750 said:
In a word WANK!, and I'm not looking forward to the Everton game one little bit, because they are flying at the moment and could seriously do us some damage.

Sort Pellegrini because I'm losing both patience and faith in you!.

Losing patience? Have you actually got any?

Well...

Hart - Problem? Too many errors and lack of competition at both club and international level... solution? Start Pantilimon more, make him work for his place.

Richards - Way too soon to throw into such a game, better going forward than Zabaleta, but seriously? Who is ever going to have their full backs running at Bayern Munich? Solution? Start your best RB, Zabaleta.

Kompany - Best CB we have. Tonight? Average, but who wasn't?

Nastastic - Young and still learning the game. Tonight was a new experience for him, he'll need time but may well one day be head and shoulders with Kompany. Need experienced CBs when playing CL level.

Clichy - Awful. Robben tore him apart... position that we still need to fix. Kolarov gradually improving, possibly start him in future.

Fernandinho - Absolutely f*cking awful, merely a passenger in the side... £35 million and we could have got De Rossi for less. No one has a clue what he does.

Y.Toure - Looked shattered from the minute the game kicked off, of late we've relied upon him way too much. He can't carry us forever. When on fresh legs and everyone else pulls their weight, the best midfielder in the world.

Navas - Difficult one. Great speed and workrate, but looked out of his depth tonight. I'll get ripped for this, but he's going to be the new Adam Johnson unless he learns to work with the rest of the side. Adam Johnson became predictable and more of an individual player, Navas is evidently better, but he's got to click with the rest of the side more.

Nasri - Non-existent... pretty much the same all around. Problem? Lack of heart and desire to win. Milner came on, not on Nasri's level physically, yet still managed to contribute more in just 5 minutes.

Aguero - Our best player on a good day. Tonight? Just wasn't happening, couldn't get on the ball and when things went wrong, lost his cool.

Dzeko - Woeful. And one that alot of are in denial about. He's ineffective for City and always will be. The game itself has changed, only PSG have players like Dzeko. Every big time (Bayern, Barce, R.Madrid) etc. often play without that big striker sat up front. For Dzeko to be effective, you have to put it on a plate for him, he's never going to work for the ball himself like Negredo does.

That aside, take nothing away from Bayern, they're the best side in Europe. But the point of the board forking out on players is to compete and be up there with these sides. We looked deflated and lacked confidence, we all know what our team is capable of. But they've got to believe they're in the same catagory as Bayern and Barcelona. Tonight it was as if the team knew we were not fit to be on the same field as Bayern, you can't have that mentality or else you'll simply get battered off the park. Celtic last night were a good example... physically have absolute f*ck all on Barcelona, but still played their arses off. Milner also another who worked his ass off and caused Bayern problems. This problem is Pellegrini's biggest tast. Mancini had the same issue. In the CL, we play like we don't deserve to be out there.

Next game? Drop Fernandinho and Hart. Players must not become victims to getting a free pass into the starting 11.

You're welcome.

2 against 3 all night in central midfield. Clueless.
fc,220x200,black.jpg

As Prestwich Blue would say - a complete and utter brain fart.

nellyonthewing said:
mgreenz97 said:
Am I gonna have to be the one who points out how shit Nasty has been recently
I wouldn't if I were you .I tried it and it didn't go down too well. All I said was he has no pace,cannot clear his lines,cannot tackle,has the turning circle of a container ship.
That is a harsh assessment but there is no doubt his form has dipped severely

pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
citysince88 said:
You must be on crack if you think Pellegrini has so far been a success ?

No, I just like to give a manager more than ten matches before I start calling him incompetent. Really disappointing how many of you are turning so quickly.
If we didn't look incompetent in quite a few of those 10 games then maybe you'd have a better point.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really disappointed in our start too. But it is premature to make any judgement yet.

super_city_si said:
tonethestone said:
Pellegrini should take main brunt of the blame tonight. How he sat there for 70+ seeing Fernandinho and Yaya getting the run about from 5 Bayern players I don't know.

Anyone having a go at Fernandinho is nuts, not his fault tonight, he did all he could against a wave of Bayern players.

Negredo must start every game, let Edin start in Lge Cup.

I agree with all of this. Negredo leads from the front. He sets the tempo and effort rate for the others to follow.

Correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.