City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

Tactics were very, very poor. Substitution Dzeko-Negredo was a mistake. Should have been Dzeko-Silva and switching to 4-5-1 at that point (it was just 0-2).

I like Negredo, very much, and I like Dzeko too. The issue is not one of them but rather the way we are set up. Absolutely have to play 5 in the middle against Barca, Bayern, Real, etc.

Pick ourselves up, and get ready for the next game. A bad game, but we have the chance to make amends. We got beat, but we're still in it. I just hope MP gets the balls to drop under performing players.

1. This was not a game for wingers. Navas and Nasri were superfluous at best on the wings, we needed numbers centrally. Why Zaba didn't start (injury aside) is a mystery to me. Zaba starts, Milner in for Nasri and Silva in for Dzeko.

2. Hart kills any momentum we were trying to build at the start of the match. We don't concede there and we can play defensively tighter. Valdes/Casillas/Begovic should be top of the list in Jan

3. Bayern's formation completely cut Yaya out of the game.

4. Bayern are a better team than us. Much better. Fair play to them.

5. Bayern have a better manager than us. Much better.

6. Bayern will in all probability win the CL.

7. If we draw in Moscow, then win the 2 consecutive home games we're pretty much guaranteed to qualify (assuming Bayern don't lose in Moscow).

8. We did well to keep the goal difference in positive figures after tonight.

FromPollockToSilva said:
jellert said:
If you want to win a football match.. you need passion..desire... It was nowhere...

While that has definitely been our problem many, many times over the last few years, tonight it wasn't. They were sent out there like lambs to the slaughter; that line-up never had a prayer and once we conceded an early (soft) goal it was all over.
That is true! :(

We were up against the best team in the world but I expected a better performance. It was a truly shocking performance by players and manager. No desire, no pace, 5 yard passes going astray and let alone the goals we conceded.
Luckily anything off them will be bonus points and this us a 3 way fight for 2nd place but we are so far behind them it's frightening.

anyone thinking we would be ready to meet Bayern on this form is mentally delusional... they are the best team in Europe... any goal we get on them is a bonus and only letting 3 in is good... we are not the best team in europe but still a work in progress while Bayern won this competition last year strolling through Barcelona... just think of how your expectations need correlation... we are not ready for the top teams yet but we are still very much on the road for the first time to get out of the group into KO stages... its a big step up from last season!!

Negatives wrong time to play two full backs who've missed so much game time...It showed Richards stood off for the first Clichy was asleep for the 2nd and AWOL for the 3rd.

Hart's "errors" are being over analysised though.

Positives Negredo showed he has the first touch and close control that Dzeko could only dream of Silva looked sharp despite being out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.