City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

We'll get over this.

By the way, among all the recriminations, has anyone said well done to Burnley? They came to play football, they stuck at it when two down and they got a fantastic result.

the blue panther said:
baildon blue said:
I thought Burnley played well .
I do think we looked a bit knackered today .we were well off the pace in that 2nd half .Anyway not too worried even though we dropped 2 points .
Spine of our team was out today .
I wonder how Mourinho would cope with that . Say Terry ,Hazard, Fabergas , and Costa were out . Anyway we will bounce back !!!

Agree with your comments. Well done Burnley. Going for an easy 10 wins out of 10 weren't we, against a poor team - that just shows that we should never take anything for granted - who foresaw that at half time?
As for blaming it on fatigue, again - special credit to Burnley - they've started the same 11 in the last 5 matches.
Who needs to rotate?
As for Maureen - he can't even cope without getting a penalty. I seem to remember us having a penalty turned down at Southampton too, and Sergio booked for diving, but not moaning too much about it - as that goes with the territory for us. Today, Burnley's 1st goal was offside. Oh well, never mind!

Burnley should have been more tired than us after Fridays games yet were far sharper second half. After Moscow we shouldn't really need these wake up calls in a regular basis.

Fair point but 2 nil up against the 2nd worse team in the division and given the news the Chelsea had earlier only drawn the result was disappointing.
Over the past 3 seasons the number of times we have squandered golden plated opportunities to rank up the pressure on our rivals (after they had not won) is absolutely unbelievable.
Arrogance, naievity and poor attitude cost us 2 points today and maybe the title.

big phil said:
FFS! I have never heard such bollocks.
It was pretty clear today that a lot of the players were running on empty, so what do some of the tits on here do? Slag the players off and demand Pellegrinis head. You should hang your heads in shame...
We were missing 3 of the worlds best players, the spine of themteam, and you want to moan and woman like spoilt raggy bastards?
Well fuckoff to the swamp then. These players have given everything of late, 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games not good enough for some.
I'm proud as fuck of my team tonight.[/quote

Pablo1 said:
big phil said:
It was pretty clear today that a lot of the players were running on empty, so what do some of the tits on here do? Slag the players off and demand Pellegrinis head. You should hang your heads in shame...
We were missing 3 of the worlds best players, the spine of themteam, and you want to moan and woman like spoilt raggy bastards?
Well fuckoff to the swamp then. These players have given everything of late, 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games not good enough for some.
I'm proud as fuck of my team tonight.
Who's calling for the managers head? If you're proud after that game I'm surprised you didn't fucking spontaneously combust after Roma/Bayern etc..

Ok so whats your opinion pablo?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
the blue panther said:
baildon blue said:
I thought Burnley played well .
I do think we looked a bit knackered today .we were well off the pace in that 2nd half .Anyway not too worried even though we dropped 2 points .
Spine of our team was out today .
I wonder how Mourinho would cope with that . Say Terry ,Hazard, Fabergas , and Costa were out . Anyway we will bounce back !!!

Agree with your comments. Well done Burnley. Going for an easy 10 wins out of 10 weren't we, against a poor team - that just shows that we should never take anything for granted - who foresaw that at half time?
As for blaming it on fatigue, again - special credit to Burnley - they've started the same 11 in the last 5 matches.
Who needs to rotate?
As for Maureen - he can't even cope without getting a penalty. I seem to remember us having a penalty turned down at Southampton too, and Sergio booked for diving, but not moaning too much about it - as that goes with the territory for us. Today, Burnley's 1st goal was offside. Oh well, never mind!

Burnley should have been more tired than us after Fridays games yet were far sharper second half. After Moscow we shouldn't really need these wake up calls in a regular basis.

This time last year (after 19 games) we had 41 points; we're on 43 now.

It's harder to take when we've been on a high for so long.

This is what happens when you rest players - there are no shit teams in the premiership, to think so just gives them added drive for our disrespect. Always play our best team!!

sir baconface said:
We'll get over this.

By the way, among all the recriminations, has anyone said well done to Burnley? They came to play football, they stuck at it when two down and they got a fantastic result.

They played well. They showed a couple of signs in the first half that they would cause problems and they did. Had the manager not shit himself at 2-2 I think they could have actually got the winner as all the momentum in the second half was with them!

big phil said:
Pablo1 said:
big phil said:
Who's calling for the managers head? If you're proud after that game I'm surprised you didn't fucking spontaneously combust after Roma/Bayern etc..

Ok so whats your opinion pablo?
Posted a few pages back, if you're as proud as you say though you probably won't want to read it - it's not quite as gushing as yours.

big phil said:

100% This

big phil said:

This and then some, well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.