City Vs Liverpool Post Match Discussion Thread

Early goal at Afield and they'll shit themselves. They are not as good as us, we played well below par tonight.
Nothing to cause concern as far as I'm aware. It's really really not beyond the realms of possibility that we can score 2 at Anfield and keep a clean sheet. Is it?

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
jankos78 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Can I ask a favour? Can all of the melodramatic, negative, knee jerking cock wombles please go and support someone else please?

Well we lost two games in a row , what we should do ... just trying to find what is hapened , why we losing ,thats all

just two games in a row? How long have you been a City fan? That was a good run not so long ago.

Yes but we didnt spend that much money, wasnt on top in january ,if we want win something we cant losing twice in a row !!! simply , 10 years been suporting City ,and i remember when we couldnt win in 10 matches,but that all gone , we want be the best ,win premier league and more so we cant losing games

My view is that Liverpool missed a great opportunity to kill this tie tonight. We were that bad in the first half that had they bothered to try and score another they may well have won by 2 or 3.

If we keep it tight at anfield and it's still 0-0 after 60 the crowd will get anxious and we could be in business. It's a long shot though.

My other view is that kolorov is complete and utter wank.

FFS, haven't these players ever learnt to shoot low, with the ball close to the ground?? Why do they always shoot high like rockets? Aguero wasted at least two glorious chances ,especially the one where it would have been a certain goal..Nasri and Kolarov were the other culprits..

We were also positionally poor..whenever there was a cross or a free-kick, there was almost no one at the receiving end...and another thing, other than Kolarov, there is no one in the team who is confident enough to take a free-kick...

Savic was not bad overall..regarding the penalty, I think there was slight contact, camera angles were not clear, but I think Savic caught him on the kneecap, but the Liverpool twat exaggerated by somersaulting as if shot, and then clutching his leg..you could have even accused him of diving, if the slight contact had not been there...

And why does Mancini not play Hargreaves? He is fit, no reports of injuries, but always on the bench..at least he would have played better than Balotelli..

Balotelli...what can you say about this guy? I don't give a damn what crazy stunt he pulls off the pitch, but when starts doing that stuff on the pitch I have no sympathy for him..Mancini was absolutely right in hauling his ass off, and I don't think it was because he was injured. Mancini did not even bother to look at him when he came off. I mean, didn't he realize this was a crucial match, and the whole team depended on him to deliver?

Referee was good for this match..regarding the glen johnson incident, he is not responsible for what idiots like Chris Foy did in the previous matches, though I felt Johnson should have gotten a yellow for that two-footed lunge..we all expect consistency for such decisions..

Not particularly happy with the result...we can only hope there will be a better response at Anfield..we need to win by 2 goals to get through, which is going to be difficult..

jankos78 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
jankos78 said:
Well we lost two games in a row , what we should do ... just trying to find what is hapened , why we losing ,thats all

just two games in a row? How long have you been a City fan? That was a good run not so long ago.

Yes but we didnt spend that much money, wasnt on top in january ,if we want win something we cant losing twice in a row !!! simply , 10 years been suporting City ,and i remember when we couldnt win in 10 matches,but that all gone , we want be the best ,win premier league and more so we cant losing games

The rags have lost their last 2 in the league. Go and see if their fans are shitting it.

the way we started tonight i am glad to be in the tie. the save joe made when a shot from the edge of the box came through players and he saw it late was world class. we were lethargic. no one seemed to know how it works when silva and yaya aren't there. A collective responsibility needs to be taken to ensure the team stays ahead. nasri on the bench was a mistake because he is the closest player in style to silva and the forwards were starved of service. micah was the standout player,nasri did well when he came on and hart did very well under early pressure.
not the time to panic. the second leg will be interesting. city will score if liverpool decide to defend from the start and then the momentum will shift to us. if liverpool kept going forward in the first half tonight it could have been all over. lets hope they live to regret that.

bar a dodgy opening 20 mins we controlled the game but the damage was done, another team parks the bus - we struggle - however in our defeats we are still the better team

we were cruising a few weeks ago but now it seems as if the gods have turned their backs on us but it will turn and soon - and if someone else in the team manages to step up to the plate and lead us in the absence of vk and toure, it will only benefit us long term - richards already looks like he has

i also think they missed a trick today - the tie should be over and would be if they stayed positive

Disappointing display tonight

In mitigation:

(i) a lot of effort expended on sunday
(ii) the spine of the team Vinny - Yaya - Spanish Dave all absent, bound to effect the way we play

It's squeeky bum time - by the end of Jan our season could be in ruins....

....more positively, I think we can win at Anfield but I'd rather focus on results v Wigan and Spurs.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
jankos78 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Can I ask a favour? Can all of the melodramatic, negative, knee jerking cock wombles please go and support someone else please?

he 1st
Been a City fan 35 years please - there are problems with our style of play and teams are finding ways of countering us that is the real issue - we wont go on another winning run like we did and i dont think we will score as many goaks in the 2nd half of the season as we did in the first

Form is everything and our current form is wank and Spuds will be joint top saturday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.