City Vs Liverpool Post Match Discussion Thread

I grew up seeing Liverpool come to Maine Road and batter us every year, cup, league you name it they fucked us over regular. I never thought I would see the day when they would come and play us as the underdogs and sit back and defend for their lives and have the worst centre forward I have ever seen.
We have nothing to worry about guys, we are one of the top sides in the country and we have to learn how to be up there, play as a unit when we are missing key players, hold our nerve and win these games.

It will come back and very soon, keep the faith

[/gets down off soap box]

Very flat and disappointing first half - personally feel the boys just need a few days break (glad we have till Monday). Hopefully by Monday we'll be ready to go again and push back on for the prize we truly want and are best placed to win.

Not sure what else could have been done tonight with the players missing and Mario not on it, Barry and De Jong are fine players but don't compliment each other well enough in a midfield 2. It's been a tough 10 days or so in more ways than one, really don't think we need to hit the panic button just yet!!

Don't get too depressed - it was all pretty predictable - as bad as we were, we totally bossed the 2nd half, and we lost the match due to a stupid penalty.
1-0 isn't a disaster and Liverpool have been pretty rubbish at home. Hopefully, Silva will be back and we will pose more of a threat - perhaps we'll sign somebody, or have a fit Balo available.
We can still get through, and if not, we can improve massively for the premier league run in when we're back to full strength and blow everyone out of the water from Feb onwards.
Biggest concern is that Johnson, Savic and Kolarov are clearly inadequate and barely first team material when our stars aren't available to give them time and space to shine.

Bluekiwi said:
baggy said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Buy samba, de rossi and a winger our season is fucking imploding.

He's right y'know...

Spurs
Utd
City

If current form continues...

Er, how many key players are missing at the moment?

And how long before we have them back? Factor in poor form, low confidence and the potential for injuries and we could be looking back at the dec-feb period as when we missed the chance to take control of the title race.

We need something to inject some momentum into the squad as ATM it's only going in one direction.

I just got home and it's been a long time since we were that bad at home.

Can we please get rid of Adam Johnson and get a proper winger in with a backbone and good attitude?

Let's not start on Kolarov... words fail.

The only encouraging sign was Nasri who grabbed the game by the bollox but the movement around him was wank so he often had no one to give it to.

Weird atmosphere at Etihad tonight..

Balotelli needed to step up tonight but no he showed his sulky petulant side again..He cannot be relied on to lead the line when needed. Neither he nor Dzeko offered a target and they both failed to work the defence. The team seem to lack pace ,there is no width, and poor delivery into the box. Time for re-inforcements as a few great players missing shows our strength in depth is lacking.

Re: 36000

DTKOAG said:
For a cup semi Final when the visitors bring 6000.
I sat in 232 with my lad on a row of our own with swathes of empty seats.
It was like a morgue and the team deserve a bit of support when backs are against the wall.
Big club & support my arse.

THIS

The problem tonight was just that we were completely unfocused to start the game. If you think about it, that was actually a very impressive second half. Liverpool were clearly being defensive, but still to dominate that much is pretty good, and we didn't really give up any chances going the other way.

I think what the 2nd half showed is that we are the better team, and that's without Silva, Kompany, and Yaya. Also, Micah and Joe played very well throughout. Nasri proved his worth.. we were actually able to maintain possession when he came on, which is something he always helps with. And he showed some of that attacking zest that we know he's capable of.

Kolarov and Savic looked completely out of it, but to say they offer nothing to the team is unfair imo. So many fans insult the players whenever they don't shine, but where the hell was the crowd noise today? It's not like we don't have a part to play too, and the players could've used something to push them on tonight.

I thought Mario was injured. he looked far sharper than Aguero who spent the whole first half falling over. Mario was dropping deep to receive the ball and give the midfield an option, and when he did get the ball he was beating his man.

Looked like he hurt himself at the free-kick. Or maybe the sub was a tactical one

I thought Mancini got it wrong with the subs. 3-5-2 was a good move, but should have had Clichy at left back, and crucially Adam Johnson on the right.

Thought we deserved a point

Well Done to Savic for sticking at it, and ending up in control of Carroll after a very difficult start to the game

This is the problem, simply put:

Without Yaya and Silva, we can only pass AROUND players, we cannot pass THROUGH them.

Incisive passing has the same effect as say Messi dribbling past a few players; you've just taken 3 players out of the equation.

Zonal Marking's Michael Cox says:
'Well worth playing six defenders against a side with dangerous attackers but no deep-lying playmaker'

This quote sums it up for me. We have great attackers, but they struggle to touch because we can't get it to them.

If you want to give Dalglish some credit, parking the bus may have actually been some very smart tactics. Our forwards were isolated and toothless. Dalglish's logic must have been: Park the bus, their forwards already aren't getting the ball, and when they do, you've got six fuckers who'll hopefully keep things tight.

As an example, take a look at 15 seconds into this video. We have no players that can do that. This is what is the difference between Barcelona and us; they have many players that can break the deadlock like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbfm3u_KRTo[/youtube]

We miss Yaya fucking badly. Moreso than Silva, imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.