City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I'm Ready

GazM said:
They better f___in do it. It's been like a week of Christmas Eve's. I can't take the anticipation any longer FFS!
I agree, but with the added edge that we might awake on Christmas day to find all our gifts have been given to the kid down the road that you hate!

rnblade said:
would love to see a Tevez hat trick and then Vinny knock one in at the end!!!
Would much prefer anyone other than Tevez to score a hat trick as he has only marginally contributed towards our season long, league title effort. Barry would be my unlikely choice but a late double from Dzeko would do equally nicely.

-- Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm --

Meanwhile, here are some disturbing statistics posted on Yahoo Eurosport...presumably by a Rag.

"Only one team (Man Utd – 2.07) have a better points/game average in May than QPR (2) in Premier League history.

Man City have won none of their last three home games against QPR (D1 L2), all of these games coming in the second tier of English football.

Mark Hughes has never lost as a manager away at Manchester City in the PL (W1 D4), only Glenn Hoddle has been boss in as many PL matches there without losing (W4 D1).

City have won only three times in 14 attempts on the last day of the Premier League season.

Man City have the joint-record for most goals conceded on the final day of a Premier League season (eight v Middlesbrough 2007/08).

City are also one of only two teams to concede five goals at home on the final day of a Premier League campaign (2-5 v Everton in 1993)."

So we may as well hang ourselves now then...

Re: Are you exited and nauseous at the same time, like me.

Before rag game- horrible.Before barcodes -even worse.Now-strangely calm!!!

lionheart said:
rnblade said:
Would much prefer anyone other than Tevez to score a hat trick as he has only marginally contributed towards our season long, league title effort. Barry would be my unlikely choice but a late double from Dzeko would do equally nicely.

Meanwhile, here are some disturbing statistics posted on Yahoo Eurosport...presumably by a Rag.

"Only one team (Man Utd – 2.07) have a better points/game average in May than QPR (2) in Premier League history.

Man City have won none of their last three home games against QPR (D1 L2), all of these games coming in the second tier of English football.

Mark Hughes has never lost as a manager away at Manchester City in the PL (W1 D4), only Glenn Hoddle has been boss in as many PL matches there without losing (W4 D1).

City have won only three times in 14 attempts on the last day of the Premier League season.

Man City have the joint-record for most goals conceded on the final day of a Premier League season (eight v Middlesbrough 2007/08).

City are also one of only two teams to concede five goals at home on the final day of a Premier League campaign (2-5 v Everton in 1993)."

We were also not very good during the period quoted.

Now we're very,very good.

lionheart said:
rnblade said:

Man City have won none of their last three home games against QPR (D1 L2), all of these

games coming in the second tier of

Just more records to break!.

Aguero hat-trick would be better so that he can break Torres' record of most goals for a foreigner in his debut season.

Re: Are you exited and nauseous at the same time, like me.

I feel like crying and throwing up then really happy. Might need a shrink?

The Mother Of All Poznan's

I know, but bear with me.

If we're winning the game and are in a position to relax on and off the pitch, I would love nothing more than to see and take part in the Mother of all Poznan's.

It didn't really happen against United, but wouldn't it be brilliant if the whole stadium could do it in unison towards the end of the game.

The players would love it as well.

Here's hoping. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.