City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Theories about QPR's relegation issue.

Pam said:
Why do people keep looking at QPR not being safe yet as a bad thing. It isn't. We need only score one goal, after which they'll have to chase the game. If they're losing, they can't just sit back and hope that Stoke do them a favour. The Stokies lost at home to Wigan in the final match of last season, thus saving Wigan from relegation and condemning some other club. Bolton could do the same. So QPR would have to chase the game and we will hopefully slaughter them on the break.

So is it good or bad that QPR have something to play for?

Nedum has come out and said they would be crazy to park the bus which I agree with. You always need an attacking threat.
Do they have it as the plan could be over in 20 mins like chelsea at the nou camp only reason chelsea went through is because they do have a plan b, do qpr?

lancs blue said:
Eds said:
The best thing that can happen is for Stoke to score two early goals and then QPR will think that they can afford to lose. Subconsciously they will relax, we score two quick goals and the game is over.
I take completely the opposite view, it would be better for Bolton to take an early lead and then QPR are forced to come out of their shell, making it easier for us to break them down.
There is alot of nonsense on here. QPR need only one point to survive irrespective of what Bolton do. They will definitely come and park the bus, looking for a 0-0. Hopefully, we have enough experience of overturning parked buses that we will ultimately prevail.

QPR are 18th in the league after 37 games for a reason, we are 1st in the league after 37 games for a reason.

It shouldn't matter that they are fighting for their lives with the players we have and the way they play together we will beat them and it should be with ease.

3-0

Ctid

Re: Are you exited and nauseous at the same time, like me.

Tricky_Trev said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
Pam said:
One of my colleagues (who knows nothing about football) has just asked me what is happening on Sunday relating to "a football match". I said "If City win on Sunday, City will win the league (barring the rags scoring nine or something). It felt so strange saying it and it has set me off big time. Need another smoke, in fact. Fuck work.

The scum have to score 9 more than we score
Not true. If they score 8 more than we score, they will win the league on goals scored! We have 'only' scored 2 more goals than them.

MATHS was never my strong point

Realistically we should win no problem but for some reason i am worried about facing QPR with them needing a result to be sure off staying in the premier league, think best thing for us to do is play yaya in attacking role and hopefully get a few early goals to kill them off

SuperYaya said:
I don't thin it matters as much as people think. Players are professionals and are motivated by win bonuses, maybe some even more than team results. A team with nothing to play for, still would actually have something to play for.

Just look at Everton, they had nothing to play for and how did that work out?

You could also cite the reaction of the WBA players when they pulled a goal back at Bolton. Or the secod half effort by Swansea against United.

hope for a win and also a top atmosphere. also if we win the league, hope they lock us in at the end so the fans who leave early have to stay!

lionheart said:
lancs blue said:
Eds said:
The best thing that can happen is for Stoke to score two early goals and then QPR will think that they can afford to lose. Subconsciously they will relax, we score two quick goals and the game is over.
I take completely the opposite view, it would be better for Bolton to take an early lead and then QPR are forced to come out of their shell, making it easier for us to break them down.
There is alot of nonsense on here. QPR need only one point to survive irrespective of what Bolton do. They will definitely come and park the bus, looking for a 0-0. Hopefully, we have enough experience of overturning parked buses that we will ultimately prevail.

Do you think that deep down QPR really believe they can keep a clean sheet? No other visitng side has done so in the league since Brum 18 months ago so if Bolton score early my feeling is that QPR have to show at least some attacking ambition because 0-0 just isn't going to happen.

Theories about QPR's relegation issue.

There are no negatives.

QPR try and defend - we have 90 mins to score. Not failed to achieve this once this season at home.

QPR attack due to going behind - this opens the game up which will suit us more than them (see Norwich away).

Stoke score 5 and QPR relax, playing good football - we have payed better than every team this season at home except Sunderland (and we still scored 3).

The only thing that can stop us winning is us, not them. If our players perform in the next game anything like what they have been doing all season we are champions. Only a very poor performance from us can prevent this.

Cry Me A Weaver said:
There are no negatives.

QPR try and defend - we have 90 mins to score. Not failed to achieve this once this season at home.

QPR attack due to going behind - this opens the game up which will suit us more than them (see Norwich away).

Stoke score 5 and QPR relax, playing good football - we have payed better than every team this season at home except Sunderland (and we still scored 3).

The only thing that can stop us winning is us, not them. If our players perform in the next game anything like what they have been doing all season we are champions. Only a very poor performance from us can prevent this.

this. not going to happen, we'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.