City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

My only disappointment was not going for the kill when they went to 10 men, and our sloppiness in first 20 mins. Thought we were great in parts and Silva hitting the form he is can only be a positive. Onwards and upwards blues.

bluemurray said:
Over the 5 games played that was probably out best performance notwithstanding the first 15-minutes. However the table don't lie! 3-points out of 15 possible is not form to boast about and we need to learn some lessons from this year, take the knocks on the chin and move onwards and upwards.
Tonight was our best performance of all 11 games we've payed in the CL so far. As I said above, we've not quite arrived on the European stage with it yet, but it's a huge step forward and something to build from next year.

Caveman said:
Vincents Tackle said:
amooballer said:
Shoulda come for the cross. It was in the 6 and he let it reach benzema. Yes maicon shoulda covered but that area is the keepers all day long or should be.

It's pretty much down to Hart that we still had something to play for tonight (Dortmand at home) and I would say that Maicon was more at fault for tonight's goal

All in all I think we regained a little pride back tonight with the spirit the team showed, certainly showed with the way the fans got behind them
Hart stopped two 6 or 7 goal hammerings away at Madrid and at home to Dortmund. Multi player fault goal conceded tonight: Kolarov not stopping the cross, back four not communicating, Maicon standing still doing fuck all, Hart not coming for the cross. Hart is not to blame!
I'll be honest. Blame is never what I care about. I care about learning from the mistakes and not repeating them. I think that's a lesson they'll learn.

Everyone left it to each other

Every Champions League home game has seen us gift all the opponents goals. We have been responsible for every single goal!!!! That is unbelievable for a team with such a strong defence.

We did well to recover after a shaky start.

Not sure our forwards are playing that well either. Aguero is missing too many chances

On the plus side the performances of Silva and maicon. Outstanding

Only a few weeks ago, many fans were writing off Maicon.

Pablo1 said:
My only disappointment was not going for the kill when they went to 10 men, and our sloppiness in first 20 mins. Thought we were great in parts and Silva hitting the form he is can only be a positive. Onwards and upwards blues.

I hated all the long ball crap in the last 10 minutes. We were just hoofing the ball hopefully when we should have bided our time against 10 men.

Marvin said:

Every Champions League home game has seen us gift all the opponents goals. We have been responsible for every single goal!!!! That is unbelievable for a team with such a strong defence.

Not sure our forwards are playing that well either. Aguero is missing too many chances

We should give Casillas credit for getting in the way of Aguero's shot. It was point blank yes but that restricted Aguero's angle too. If Hart had made that save, how would we feel?

taconinja said:
Marvin said:

We should give Casillas credit for getting in the way of Aguero's shot. It was point blank yes but that restricted Aguero's angle too. If Hart had made that save, how would we feel?

Can't believe it hit Aguero's shin. He should have belted it into the roof of the net.

107/109 steps region was like Shanghai before kickoff, cameras out, blocking the way to seats, then many of them retreated to wherever they were sat.

Atmosphere was without doubt the best this season. City cast as underdogs/team in trouble still gets the crowd going, the "Fuck You Mourinho" followed by "Mancini" song was epic, showing just where our loyalty lies.

As for the football, we were a disaster early on, Benzema's goal was pub league defending. When we ditched the again abysmal 3-5-2 we looked a proper team deserving of this level and outplayed Real Madrid in the second half, quite unlucky not to win.

Madrid, while a fantastic team, are a team of horrible, conniving, cheating twats down to the last man. Part of the Mourinho package. "United on meth" is the most apt description with their fast wing play, useful long balls, and constant cheating to get ahead. They are a much superior version of United in those respects.

Real Madrid are a great side but they were there for the taking tonight. If we had played to our ability then we would have won that tonight.

But there was a lack of urgency on the pitch and we probably showed them far too much respect. There was also a lack of noise from the stands, we were playing in Europe against Real Madrid in what was a must win game and the place was worse than a morgue.

If Liverpool or United were in that position tonight the place would have been a cauldron and they would have got the result they needed.

Atrocious support.

We now HAVE to beat Dortmund, we need a run in the Europa league, we've done fuck all in Europe to treat it like a second rate competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.