City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

MCFC BOB said:
amooballer said:
moomba said:
Hart mistake?

Shoulda come for the cross. It was in the 6 and he let it reach benzema. Yes maicon shoulda covered but that area is the keepers all day long or should be.
Hart and Maicon wouldn't have been at fault if Kolarov had done his job as a left-back and actually prevented the cross from coming in, but you know.
As I said, it was a breakdown on several levels.

Vincents Tackle said:
amooballer said:
moomba said:
Hart mistake?

Shoulda come for the cross. It was in the 6 and he let it reach benzema. Yes maicon shoulda covered but that area is the keepers all day long or should be.

It's pretty much down to Hart that we still had something to play for tonight (Dortmand at home) and I would say that Maicon was more at fault for tonight's goal

All in all I think we regained a little pride back tonight with the spirit the team showed, certainly showed with the way the fans got behind them

Although Maicon was probably most at error, the whole goal was a defensive shambles. Kolarov, Maicon, and Hart.

Can't remember a more fragmented game where the football flowed so infrequently. Was the ball in play for more than 2 mins at any point in the 2nd half ? Hardly a bad tackle in the game and yet there were 10 yellows and a sending off.

Another slow start as is our way these days capped by allowing Benzema to ghost in totally unmarked for a far post tap in. Anothe mountain to climb and could have gone in 3 down at half time. The switch to a flat back 4 slowly saw an improvement and second half we were probably the stronger team. Could have won it I suppose but overall not good enough to progress.

Special mention to Silva who was immense tonight not only directing all our good play but winning tackles, body on the line, strong in the air and running himself into the ground. Not enough quality up front with Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez unable to deliver the goods tonight. We need an upgrade whether it is Falcao, Cavani or Suarez. Plenty of spirit but so many soft goals conceded in all the games have cost us dearly.

SamTheGuru said:
Vincents Tackle said:
amooballer said:

It's pretty much down to Hart that we still had something to play for tonight (Dortmand at home) and I would say that Maicon was more at fault for tonight's goal

All in all I think we regained a little pride back tonight with the spirit the team showed, certainly showed with the way the fans got behind them

Although Maicon was probably most at error, the whole goal was a defensive shambles. Kolarov, Maicon, and Hart.
And Zabaleta drifted too far in as well though he was certainly least at fault.

Anyone else notice the increase of tourists with cameras tonight? Got a headache (with all the flashes) when looking towards the family stand for corners etc.

Not going to wax on about this n that - I'm just proud of the lads and proud of the club is all.

Hart defo at fault for goal imo - any keeper worth his salt commands his 6 yard area, however he's saved us numerous times already this season and himself being his biggest critic i expect he holds himself responsible!!!

Superb second half performance, Silva was magic, though madrid defo had another gear if needed!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Hart defo at fault for goal imo - any keeper worth his salt commands his 6 yard area, however he's saved us numerous times already this season and himself being his biggest critic i expect he holds himself responsible!!!

Superb second half performance, Silva was magic, though madrid defo had another gear if needed!!!
Experience will help with that. Look at what Casillas managed to do with his midsection against Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.