City vs Swans Post Match Thread

Marvin said:
on this occasion I think MOTD invented a frailty that did not exist.
I don't agree, it existed all right, its existed all season, it just wasn't as obvious yesterday, but it still needs to be addressed.

I didn't think the biggest problem was the lack of cover in front of the defence though, it was defenders (mainly Vinny), going into challenges, not winning the ball, and then getting exposed. Its been our achilles heel this season, nearly all the goals we concede are coming the same way, and yesterdays was particularly poor from a defensive point of view, nice goal from a forwards point of view, but poor defensively. Almost all their chances yesterday were from the same sort of move, as MOTD highlighted.

I agree there wasn't enough on other aspects of the game, but its a frailty that we need to sort out.

Seemed to me as if Kompany was trying to make interceptions from positions where he was already on his heels and not touch tight with his man. When he rushes out like that, he is leaving himself too much to do and has much less chance of winning the ball.

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
on this occasion I think MOTD invented a frailty that did not exist.
I don't agree, it existed all right, its existed all season, it just wasn't as obvious yesterday, but it still needs to be addressed.

I didn't think the biggest problem was the lack of cover in front of the defence though, it was defenders (mainly Vinny), going into challenges, not winning the ball, and then getting exposed. Its been our achilles heel this season, nearly all the goals we concede are coming the same way, and yesterdays was particularly poor from a defensive point of view, nice goal from a forwards point of view, but poor defensively. Almost all their chances yesterday were from the same sort of move, as MOTD highlighted.

I agree there wasn't enough on other aspects of the game, but its a frailty that we need to sort out.
What chances? Their goal was brilliantly worked, the Gomis chance, and a deflected free-kick.

City's defending hasn't been generally as good this season, but I'd put that own to the same thing we saw last season....a new central defender. It was a dominant City peformance yesterday with the defence almost untested. Ad when Swansea did try and attack Demichelis and Kompany snuffed out their attacks before they even started. MOTD chose the wrong game to highlight defensive weakness

Kompany's fitness is a bit worrying as Mangala is carrying an injury.

Most important single thing about the last two games. We fought. We fucking fought. Nothing like our usual level of skill but that will come, as surely as the sun rises. I can forgive them anything so long as they look angry, and they fight.

Biggest thing for me yesterday was the reaction of the crowd to going behind. We found our voices and got behind the lads and you could visibly see the players respond and be lifted,

No better feeling at the game than when the fans and players come together and feed off each other. This proved that it doesn't always have to be the players that lift the crowd.

Very proud to be a blue yesterday and we showed what true support is all about. Let's hope we can repeat it on Tuesday.

From a football perspective I thought the fluidity in our passing returned and the Yaya goal was magical with Ferna's little flick. For me it's Fernandinho ahead of Fernando particularly in games where we are expected to win.

Barcon said:
BlueAnorak said:
Barcon said:
Apart from today?

I could have sworn I saw Bony one on one with Hart but then Bony bottled it (good wok by Hart by the way) and a free kick that came of our wall then span wickedly and just went past the the outside of the post by a mm or so...

What's your point? I'm going to have to assume that you quoted me by mistake, and that you don't actually believe we failed to defend a one goal lead today?

My point is that Swansea had a number of good chances towards the end (not just the two described above) which in my book is not defending a one goal lead.
Most came on the counter attack as a result of us trying to score ourselves. Laudable in itself, but something that hadn't happened earlier in the game after the team woke up on 10 mins. This actually started to occur after Frank came on - so I have to doubt the effectiveness of the subs. Indeed, the whole game was a bit of a curate's egg to be frank.

Went to the game yesterday and thought it was the best we have played for a while. Yaya, Nasri and Fern were really good as was Martin.....Time seemed to stand still when that free kick lobbed up at the end and from where I was sat/stood it looked in and thank fuck it missed by a fraction and my weekend wasn't ruined! South Stand coming on too.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.