City vs Swans Post Match Thread

I see that rag stump Ogden reckons we were 'below par', 'unimpressive' and had to be 'rescued' by Ya Ya Toure's goal. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth I thought we were average for 15 minutes, good for the next 30, excellent for the next 25 and good again for the last 20. Maybe we should have shut up shop for the last 10, but in Barrow, Bony and that big lad who came on, they had pace, width and power in attacking areas, and I'm not convinced sitting back and inviting crosses would have been the best idea. I was quite happy to see us try and kill it off down the other end

Having just seen Chelsea on MOTD I am astonished that WBA had a player send off for a basic foul - it was a two footed jump (though no danger of touching Costas with feet and studs were down) into a blocking position to block Costa. Yet in a player deliberately trying to take Augero out of the game my stamping on Aguero's achilles from behind with one foot was only booked. Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...

BlueAnorak said:
Having just seen Chelsea on MOTD I am astonished that WBA had a player send off for a basic foul - it was a two footed jump (though no danger of touching Costas with feet and studs were down) into a blocking position to block Costa. Yet in a player deliberately trying to take Augero out of the game my stamping on Aguero's achilles from behind with one foot was only booked. Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...

Seeing as MOTD didn't show the Aguero incidents, has anyone got gifs of tackle and elbow?

I don't think the score reflected the performance yesterday. I thought we were back to being close to where we should be. I think the international break came at the perfect time.

BlueAnorak said:
Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...
The reason nothing was given was pretty obvious, none of them saw it, and little wonder as the play was about 40 yards away. I'd expect all the officials to be watching roughly around where play might be, not 40 yards behind it, now the 4th official could have had a look at a replay, but we'll never know if he did or not. Has it been shown on TV at all ?

cleavers said:
BlueAnorak said:
Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...
The reason nothing was given was pretty obvious, none of them saw it, and little wonder as the play was about 40 yards away. I'd expect all the officials to be watching roughly around where play might be, not 40 yards behind it, now the 4th official could have had a look at a replay, but we'll never know if he did or not. Has it been shown on TV at all ?
I saw the ref say that to Kun. And Kun patted his arm as if to say "fair enough". Swansea were breaking down our right flank at the time and I think one linesman was looking for offside and the other was looking down the line for the ball going out, the ref will have been ball watching.

For the millionth time of me saying this...a video ref would have sorted that out in seconds though!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I see that rag stump Ogden reckons we were 'below par', 'unimpressive' and had to be 'rescued' by Ya Ya Toure's goal. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth I thought we were average for 15 minutes, good for the next 30, excellent for the next 25 and good again for the last 20. Maybe we should have shut up shop for the last 10, but in Barrow, Bony and that big lad who came on, they had pace, width and power in attacking areas, and I'm not convinced sitting back and inviting crosses would have been the best idea. I was quite happy to see us try and kill it off down the other end

Exactly as I saw it, too. Some of the best football we've played all season, much more crispness and incisiveness in the passing between Fernandinho, Yaya and Nasri, all three of whom were excellent. We should have scored another couple, Navas in particular was guilty of being extremely wasteful when in good positions.

Defensively we were nowhere near as bad as people are trying to suggest - Swansea are a decent side, and created three chances all match. The issue of the space in front of the back four was being wildly exaggerated by Shearer - Sigurdsson was playing 'in the hole' and contributed absolutely fuck all. The examples picked out on MOTD are things which you could find with any side, including Chelsea. That's not to say we have no issues, and the two-man midfield with Navas as a touchline-hugging winger does leave us very open. But it wasn't a huge problem yesterday - that it's become the main focus, rather than our own much improved performance, is strange (if perhaps predictable).

BlueAnorak said:
The red card at WBA was the clearest red card you'll see all season.

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Agreed. The bloke came in two footed, with both feet off the ground. The fact he made minimal contact with Costa is irrelevant. In the current laws of the game, I believe the term ''endangering an opponent'' is used as a guideline for issuing a red card, rather than actually injuring the opponent. There have been worse two footed tackles than the one yesterday, but that doesn't make the tackle at Stamford Bridge any less of a red card.

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:

Not according to Savage....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.