City Vs Swansea Post Match Discussion Thread

WelshSwan said:
Swans fan here in peace, it was always expected you to win. Fair play to you, fully expect you to win on that performance, you need to get dzeko silva aguero all on together, thought first 20-25 mins we were in the game but you stepped it up. Play like we did then and we will beat teams this year. Our keeper kept the scoreline presentable for us.

Good luck on the season ahead

Fair play to you. Not just because we won.

You came to Etihad and did it unafraid. It's clear you're still adapting to PL football and are gaining fitness. We were fit from the disappointment of the Community Shield.

Hope you stay up.

GrumpyFrog said:
Chuffin fantastic! Good to see Lescott looking so confident.

What I don't understand is this : after tonight's performance why is Guillem Balague currently tweeting about the qualities of de Gea? Is he a closet rag?

Probably just trying to console a fellow countryman who hasn't had the best start in a new country or he's his agent!!

Excellent observation Mr Banks, continuing the musical theme did anyone watch the sky coverage and think the rat boy looked proper embarassed, a bit like a sad uncle with a high tech karaoke machine at a wedding disco?

Blue Haze said:
WelshSwan said:
Swans fan here in peace, it was always expected you to win. Fair play to you, fully expect you to win on that performance, you need to get dzeko silva aguero all on together, thought first 20-25 mins we were in the game but you stepped it up. Play like we did then and we will beat teams this year. Our keeper kept the scoreline presentable for us.

Good luck on the season ahead

Fair play to you. Not just because we won.

You came to Etihad and did it unafraid. It's clear you're still adapting to PL football and are gaining fitness. We were fit from the disappointment of the Community Shield.

Hope you stay up.

Well said. You played with heart

Brilliant performance from the team especially in the second half.
I think that second half summed up everything we want from the team, determination, an attacking mentality matched with fluent passing and the way we closed down the ball was encouraging.

Swansea did have some good possession but as I said to my mate, they didn't really do anything with it because we were pressuring them back in to their own half - so it wasn't anything to worry us. What I really liked was that it was a complete team effort, we weren't saved by the genius of a few players or lady luck, because maybe this fixture last year might have resulted in a draw. It's another sign of the growing confidence and camaraderie .
Brilliant choice making and defensive duties. Although saying that, Clichy was dynamite for IMO, he can't half bomb down that wing! His defensive side is solid as well.

As I said in another post, there will be tougher tests ahead. And that's no disregard to Swansea but the true measurement of our power will come against teams like Arse, Chelsea etc. Still, a good game to get us underway!

Just watched the game again and it confirmed my thoughts from the game.

Gareth Barry is immense, he may not be an in your face, goalscoring flair player but the little things he does are vital to the way we play.

He holds the ball up well, solid going back and plays some key balls going forward.

Very,very under-rated and should be one of the first names on the team sheet imho.

Uwe Rosler said:
Just watched the game again and it confirmed my thoughts from the game.

Gareth Barry is immense, he may not be an in your face, goalscoring flair player but the little things he does are vital to the way we play.

He holds the ball up well, solid going back and plays some key balls going forward.

Very,very under-rated and should be one of the first names on the team sheet imho.

Great post, Barry is vital to our team.

Hart: 7 - A spectator for the most part, but did well when called into action.

Richards: 7 - Shaky start but did well when the game progressed.

Kompany: 7 - Same as Richards.

Lescott: 8 - Same as Kompany & Richards.

Clichy: 8 - Already feels like he's part of the furniture. Good solid game.

de Jong: 7 - Not at his best, but did a good job.

Barry: 9 - Composed, calm, did the job.

Yaya Toure: 6 - What has happened to him?

Silva: 9 - Ran the show.

Dzeko: 8 - His best game in a blue shirt.

A. Johnson: 7 - Struggled through the game but looked dangerous around the box.

Aguero: 9 - Stole the show.

Savic: 6 - Did things right, did things wrong.

Milner: N/A.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.