City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: City vs Villa( League Cup)Post match Discussion Thread

I sat in 127 tonight - just to the left behind the bench, which is a first for me.

Mancini was up from the first few minutes, imploring Razak and Toure in particular to close down players and Mario and Tevez to come across and provide an attacking option. He was literally trying to coach the team in basic tactics, from the touchline, during a game! This went on for the whole of the first half and Mancini was becoming really frustrated. Poor James Milner was copping abuse on a regular basis, and he looked well pissed off about it.

No idea what the preparation was like for this game, but the fact that Mancini was desperately coaching individuals and trying to change the shape of the team from 5 minutes in doesn't point to it being great.

On the plus side, I'm confident that Mancini does know exactly what needs sorting out. Hopefully he will get on to it before kick off next time.

our defence has been woeful all season, not just 2nite, bobby needs to get to route of the issue, the you score we score system isnt working, just hoping the real city turn up sooner rather than later.
but even with all changes we should have swept villa aside as they are poor this season, the draws are due to self destructing

That team trained together this morning and apart from the late withdrawal of Rodwell they all knew they were playing yesterday. Very disappointed in Razak and Suarez, Razak was truly awful.

The Mancini era has been hallmarked again and again by one consistent factor:

Whenever we've faltered, we've bounced right back.

I'm not sure if it's new supporters who have no perspective about the normal travails of being a football fan, or old supporters who have forgotten - or most likely; a combination of the two, but there's some spineless fuckers on here tonight.

I don't know how some of you cope with all that life inevitably throws your way, based on what I read on here tonight.

Grow a fucking pair. Life as football fan is full of disappointment, whoever you support. Learn that and you'll enjoy the experience a great deal more.

The game tonight was symptomatic of a general trend most of this season. Most on this forum have identified a lot of these problems - formation changes, dealing with the psychology of being a defending champion and personnel changes which arguably have not improved the team.

Football is a game even at the local level which can be won with passion and commitment. You need to want to win more than the other team. You need to win the 50/50 contests for the ball. You need to work for one another and support one another. At the moment this is absent from the team.

My concern is that there seems to be a lack of hunger, desire and passion within the squad. There is a lack of pride in the shirt. As a professional footballer in that squad they all need to look in the mirror and ask themselves whether they really want to win for themselves, for the club, and for the supporters.

I believe they have to return to the basics. They need to control the ball and work hard by pressing high up the pitch. This is what they did last season. They are highly paid professionals. They know what needs to be done. Mancini cannot go onto the pitch and do it for them. However he can influence the attitude by installing confidence in players by not tinkering so much with the team. This only leads to uncertainty, and this then spreads throughout the team.

The ability remains. However whether the desire, hunger and pride can be restored is up to the boss and the players.

Re: City vs Villa( League Cup)Post match Discussion Thread

bluethai said:
Coincidence or not, Barry always play shit against Villa.

Barry always plays shit against everyone.

I agree with who say that the signings we had werent mancinis choices.

Mancini was out in the market for javi martinez, van persie and hazard. Unfortunately, these players chose other clubs.

What we're lacking now is one thing, MOTIVE.

That's the second worst we've played under Roberto, behind the Liverpool League Cup semi-final first leg last season.

Total disorganisation all over the pitch and nobody taking responsibility to win the game from start to finish.

The only positive is that it wasn't cold despite the rain and wind.

Just one of those nights to forget about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.