City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

Bluebee2 said:
That team trained together this morning and apart from the late withdrawal of Rodwell they all knew they were playing yesterday. Very disappointed in Razak and Suarez, Razak was truly awful.
so was Suarez mate. I was really looking forward to seeing Dennis play in more competitive environment than usual but deary me! He really was the invisible man. There is absolutely nothing I can say about his game tonight. He was so lost out there.

Re: City vs Villa( League Cup)Post match Discussion Thread

brummie blue said:
Keith Moon said:
with our nightmare CL group and a PL title to defend we really don't need this cup , so great work boys for crashing up early and genius tactics from Bobby!

Any link for the goals?

Just shown on SSN, Balo took his well and Kolarov's free kick was decent, but defending was very poor for three of Villa's goals and Pantilimon looked at fault for there third with a very soft parry from a shot.

Sorry but I had to laugh at the "time for panty again" thread the other day

brummie blue said:
de niro said:
just get it right on saturday mancini.

play last years system with as many of last years squad as possible, then leave the fucking thing alone.

Last four games last season, 3 clean sheets, 2 goals conceded.

Starting line-up for all four:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero

Robbie should stop pissing about and play our best 11 game in game out subject to injuries.
Cut out the goals against and get a few 1-0's

Just remind me on,what other competitions were we in,with four matches to go ?
The PL only,so Bobby had no excuse to swap and change at that stage of the season and if he were to use your method,then I`m afraid most players would be fucked by half time !!

Re: City vs Villa( League Cup)Post match Discussion Thread

Hope this signals the end of the useless 3-5-2 formation . Bobby had better realize that this 3-5-2 formation could cost him his job. I didn't see the game as there was no website streaming HOWEVER i picked up some stuff from the Live commentary : Milner kept losing the ball and Costel keeps parrying the ball. Here are some things i think we should work on before January :

1. Costel's Keeping abilities : He keeps parrying the ball ! He did it against Chelsea in the Community shield and he did it again today and this actually led to 2 of the goals in this game . He had better shape up or ship out , Hart can't be on the post for EVERY game! Take a look at Arsenal , They started the season without Szecnezy yet Mannone has proven to be a worthy 2nd choice . It would be a shame to see a keeper with such great height fail to accomplish his potential . Another option might be to send him out on loan now that we have another experienced keeper in Wright . Arsenal sent Mannone on loan and he came back as a brilliant keeper .

2. Transfers: January window had better be a busy time for the team . January window should be used to rectify the mess we did this summer .No game changers , No perfect replacements , Nothing . If anything we actually WEAKENED the team by letting NDJ go , NDJ is the kind of player you use to hold on to a lead , we saw how he held the defensive midfield down when he was brought in at the 2-0 away game to Newcastle , same thing for the 1-0 home win against United , With players like NDJ we could have walked away with at least a point at the bernabeu and 3points at home against Arsenal . Except for Sinclair who has showed the intent to work the rest of them have been below average. Nastasic and Rodwell have shown some potential but their inexperience could cost us dearly , Javi Garcia hmmmmm. Kolo has to go , i hate to say this but Milner might have to make way also . Didn't watch the game but live commentary showed that he kept losing the ball.

3.Balotelli's drama: He scored a goal alright BUT i am sick and tired of his drama , Its like bobby spends like 60% of his time working on the team and the other 40% baby sitting Balotelli . Its time he grows up or leave the team . Our teams shape is bad enough already why the hell should Balotelli keep distracting bobby with all his prima donna crap ? Lets face it he is no Messi or Ronaldo . I think its time we give him an ultimatum ahead of January and if he doesn't behave then we cash in and bring a game changer like Falcao , Cavani or Jovetic.

4.Ditch the formation : This 3-5-2 formation wouldn't work and i would hate to see bobby lose his job because of his obsession with this formation .

5.Work on building goal scoring chances directly : In the last 5 games I've noticed a trend and that's our failure to build a goal from direct play (Except for the Chelsea game where we worked all 3 goals from direct play ).

i.Liverpool away : Mix up / defensive error in Liverpools box led to yaya's goal / Skrtels wrong back pass which led to Tevez's goal
ii.QPR home : Mix up from the corner kick again led to yaya's goal.
iii.Stoke away : Corner kick led to Garcia's goal
iv.Real Madrid : a counter attack goal from Dzeko and Kolarov's free kick.
v.Arsenal home: Corner kick led to Lescott's goal
v.Today's game (Aston Villa ): Kolarov's free kick once again put us in front.

About 80% of our goals this season has come from either set pieces or defensive errors from our opponents , i understand and agree that a goal is a goal but when you take a look at the way we have score our goals this season compared to last season and compared to teams like Chelsea and Arsenal this season you would agree with me that there's is definitely something wrong in the team , Maybe Silva's deep in form or maybe the formation but whatever the case maybe it had better be rectified before the Dortmund game . We've been playing like stoke for sometime now , its time things change.

6.Razak should be loaned to get more play experience . He wouldn't improve by just sitting on the bench .

If this does not provide a wake up call, then nothing will. Hopefully, this will provide a visual and visceral response and we pick up on the SIMPLE THINGS that need to be addressed, such as pressuring the opponent when they have the ball, playing a SOLID BACK FOUR behind a midfield that is not simply let run amok on offence without any defensive responsibilities.

At times against Arsenal, we had three "midfielders" in the Arsenal half jogging back while they were breaking at pace and putting the back 3-4-5 under intense pressure. We ESCAPED with a point on Sunday and it is not going to be good enough from now until May.

Fulham away is a good test of whether we are even interested in LEARNING HOW TO FIGHT FOR THE BALL and to PRESSURE A TEAM HIGHER UP THE FIELD.

It is all well and good to say crap on SSN after the match, or to point out that you see the problem, but the coaching staff gets paid to FIX THE PROBLEM.

............................Hart
Zaba..........Kompany.....Nastasic........Clichy
..............Garcia..................Barry
Milner...............Toure.................Silva
................Aguero

Panitlimon
Lescott
Kolarov
Rodwell/Sinclair
Tevez
Balotelli
Dzeko
(Yes, three strikers on the bench, but Tevez can play in the Yaya role in the team and push him back)

And I would be ready to replace ANY player who does not put in a shift in the first half, setting the tone for the rest of the season and the reason WHY WE HAVE A BIG SQUAD!

Let's not forget, he played the EXACT SAME TEAM FOR THE LAST SIX GAMES AT THE END OF THE LAST SEASON.....BECAUSE IT WAS HIS BEST TEAM.

So, Bobby Manc, WHAT IS YOUR BEST TEAM FROM THOSE AVAILABLE? PLAY IT!!!

Oh, and it is NOT against the law to take Yaya Toure OFF the field every now and then if he appears incapable of defending from his midfield position! Just sayin'!

Simply awful, a disgraceful performance that spat in the face of the 28,000 who bothered to turn up. A few positives like Milner and Sinclair but some shocking performances including Pantilimon, Razak, and Kolo. A night to forget.

"Is this a library?" sang the Villa fans, even the most vocal fans had little to sing about tonight. Worst performance since Forest, something fundamentally seems off at the moment... no team spirit whatsoever.

theres only one carlito said:
Bluebee2 said:
That team trained together this morning and apart from the late withdrawal of Rodwell they all knew they were playing yesterday. Very disappointed in Razak and Suarez, Razak was truly awful.
so was Suarez mate. I was really looking forward to seeing Dennis play in more competitive environment than usual but deary me! He really was the invisible man. There is absolutely nothing I can say about his game tonight. He was so lost out there.
suarez was very disappointing. Very lightweight. Razak was the much more impressive of the two, although he made mistakes

I would have started with Milner in central midfield or at right back and Sinclair. Easy to say on hindsight. Mancini had to change the whole team with us playing on Sunday and with so many injuries the options were limited

Only players to come out with any credit were Balotelli and Dzeko as a sub. Tevez was very disappointing. Hit the bar with a free-kick but never looked like scoring. Sinclair did OK, but he's not an Adam Johnson, nowhere near. But he does at least give us an easy outlet

theres only one carlito said:
Bluebee2 said:
In fairness to the pair of them, they looked completely outnumbered. Too often did Milner or Kolarov lose the ball out wide leaving Suarez and Razak in almost a three man midfield with, in my opinion, short of fitness Gareth Barry.

LoveCity said:
Simply awful, a disgraceful performance that spat in the face of the 28,000 who bothered to turn up. A few positives like Milner and Sinclair but some shocking performances including Pantilimon, Razak, and Kolo. A night to forget.

"Is this a library?" sang the Villa fans, even the most vocal fans had little to sing about tonight. Worst performance since Forest, something fundamentally seems off at the moment... no team spirit whatsoever.

Mancini and nobody else tionight cost us that game as he has been costing us points all season

This is what makes me laugh some people on this forum havent seen enough city disappointment so 4 those who are crying over this defeat get over it ive seen worse days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.