City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:
Simply awful, a disgraceful performance that spat in the face of the 28,000 who bothered to turn up. A few positives like Milner and Sinclair but some shocking performances including Pantilimon, Razak, and Kolo. A night to forget.

"Is this a library?" sang the Villa fans, even the most vocal fans had little to sing about tonight. Worst performance since Forest, something fundamentally seems off at the moment... no team spirit whatsoever.

I`m fooking gobsmacked !! By far the worst player by a country mile.
100% agree he was fucking abysmal worst performance in a blue shirt,how the fuck you think he played well is beyond me.

Worst night watching city in a while that. No positives to take from it. It was wet and cold and boring.

Real shame certainly haven't seen the sparkle and sheen of last season.
Do you think that maybe some of the players don't have the drive to win because as fans we were crap tonight. The far smaller Viller contingency made more noise than we ever did and loads of people left at 83mins!
Come on support your team! Look at the drive the Kop gives Liverpool! Where that's drive from us as fans?

dctid said:
Ragnarok said:
dctid said:
Mancini and nobody else tionight cost us that game as he has been costing us points all season

Yes. He should have won every match 4-0. Disgrace. Sack him.

Not about winning every game but everthing about making a team selection that fits with the players we have
We played the players we have. Rodwell got injured in the warm up. We can't play players who played on Sunday as we need them for Fulham and Dortmund games. This is the price you pay for losing your opening Champions League game and for getting a Group of Death

Who would you have picked then? Maybe he could have played Hart, and possibly played Milner in the middle, but his options were limited

No one batted an eyelid at the weekend when mancini said he'd have to change the team because of the Sunday fixture

Shocking team display, no other way to describe it. It might be a Mickey Mouse cup to some but I paid £25 to watch that and while some names were missing from the team sheet, any team consisting of Tevez, Barry, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko, Lescott can't be considered reserves. We should still have been good enough to beat Villa. Defence is poor, can't keep hold of a lead or keep a clean sheet. Villa just ran through it for their second. Barry looked his age, slow and pushed off the ball. Suarez ran round lots and sorry but Razak was awful in the second half.

Tonight was a good opportunity to build up momemtum and confidence by winning and winning convincingly. We didn't. We lacked conviction, played flat and again struggled to pass to a blue shirt. Over to you Bobby but please play the same back 4.

Good to see Milner though.

Why Mancini keeps playing Kolo I don't know he tried to flog him in summer but he keeps playing him baffled

There appears to be a distinct lack of confidence running through the club right now.
I thought Villa went for it from the off and although we were twice in front we were never in control.
Kolo had a mare and while he should have been there to help Nastasic, he was getting a chasing from Villa's two strikers, that had us on the back foot continually.
Biggest concern tonight was the amount of time that Lescott, Tevez and Dzeko played tonight with a must win game at Fulham on Saturday.

CTID101 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Hart, Richards, Maicon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Javi Garcia and Aguero were all missing tonight. We were poor, but with those names missing could you really expect anything more?

Calm down.
Yes. I expected a win against a Villa team who although have won this season are shit.

Telling me Tevez, Dzeko, Sinclair, Milner, Barry, Lescott and Balotelli aren't good enough to beat a team which is built with quite a few players from the youth team from what I can see.

Tonight was embarrassing.

I am going to move on and hope they can work solely on it this week and please perform anywhere near how we played last season.
Tevez and Lescott were the only fully-fit regular starters in the team tonight and we lost one of them after an hour. We had Razak in the holding role - big mistake, Milner out wide - big mistake, Kolo Toure up against Villa's best player (Gabby) - big mistake, and Suarez providing creativity - big mistake. We lacked skill, direction and assertiveness because of these things and lost the game.

Tevez was the only man that turned up tonight. Back to the drawing board.

MCFC BOB said:
Hart, Richards, Maicon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Silva, Rodwell, Nasri, Javi Garcia and Aguero were all missing tonight. We were poor, but with those names missing could you really expect anything more?

Calm down.

This.

Our second team is nowhere near as decent as some people believe. Yes, Lescott started, Tevez played the entire game but the rest of that starting 11 was a mid-table prem side. There is an idea that we are some super power. Our starting 11 is the best in the league with the likes of Milner/Sinclair who played tonight, giving us a decent bench and they can play with the people like mcfc bob mentioned and do ok.

However, I,ll stand by what I said earlier, there is a complacent/arrogant attitude around the club and we would have won that type of game this time last year. It reminds me of city of old. I hope bobby can fix this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.