City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

Pantilimon and Kolo are pants and should never feature again. I knew this about Kolo a long time ago.
Nastasic was bought basically on the strength of 1 good performance against Zlatan, he wasn't even an automatic first choice at Fiorentina. He's average, barely better than Savic. We're weaker than last year with these new signings and letting NDJ go.

Look how much that team we put out last night cost. Pathetic show. 120 minutes for Tevez in that, Mancini is making a mess of things. Dortmund are every bit as good as us in reality, if we don't win that next midweek the pressure on Mancini cranks up.

Listened to the game and from my perspective any result in any competition at your place is just amazing for us, we usually roll over and die up there.

Don't worry, you've got bigger fish to fry than the league cup, where as us? It might be our result of the season.

EVIL said:
Completely not arsed about the Capital One Cup, but i have this nagging doubt/theory about the manager's position at City.

Mancini has throughout pre-season and now been less than positive and occasionally critical of the club's transfer policy and individuals 'higher up' in the hierarchy. He wanted Hazard and RVP i suspect, got none. Indeed the club's dealings are low key and restrained, surprisingly.

The club is constantly linked with Mourinho, and only this week he confirms his next destination is England soon as a blue - which he clarifies as a 'London' blue.

The special one offers his opinion that City will win the ECL, whether with Mancini or 'somebody else to follow'.

Don't recall the name of Garcia ever being mentioned in 'scouting' circles in the club or by Mancini. A Spanish international playing in the Portuguese league.

Soriano is installed as CEO. Could this be the pre-cursor to team managerial change?

He plays his internal 'nemesis' Tevez for two hours in poor conditions in a meaningless competition. A player allowed to return, a player he one declared would never play for him again. Very baffling indeed.

My conclusion is that Mancini's days may indeed be numbered, amazingly, and it would not surprise me one bit if a deal for Mourinho has already been agreed. The lack of desire evidenced in many of the team performances this season could be explained by this. Maybe the players are aware?

If the performances continue in the same vein, then Mancini may force the owners to sever ties early? Does he want this?

Something doesn't add up in the performances. The team is spiritless and dysfunctional. There is something amiss. This may be it?

While I don't agree with the belief that Mancini's job is under threat, those who argue that he's staying cos he just signed a new deal may also be wrong.
The rumours were that Mourinho was on the verge of being sacked, if they had lost to us and like us they won the league just a few months ago.

Avoided posting last night as it would just of been a rant, cold and wet, £70 lighter and home around midnight. I have had a nights sleep to calm down but here it goes.

First and foremost the club missed an opportunity to fill the ground with new young fans with cheaper tickets. The ground was over half empty and I understand we have a limited fan base with expensive European trips etc and people are skint, however you could see the players response to playing in an empty stadium with zero passion just like the crowd. This is not a pop at the crowd but nobody can get up for it with thousands of empty seats. Should of been pay on the night, kids for a quid, adults a fiver etc.

Now for the team.

Pantomime is a poor goalkeeper, end of. Even a ten year old keeper knows to push a shot away from danger, or tip around for a corner, not cushion it as he did V Chelsea and last night. Awful goalkeeper !

Kolo Toure, finished and only here to keep Yaya here and happy. Has lost what he had at Arsenal and cannot even take a throw in ! Every one he takes is a foul throw !!

Milner - Are we purposely trying to piss him off ? We leave him out all season and then play him in the League cup and then move his position three times during the same game !!

Lescott also knows that Mancini is not a fan of his and his body language tells me he's days are numbered.

Sinclair - Early days but he looks frightened to death out there and is not going to be a world beater.

Mario - Totally not interested last night, did not want to be there

Barry - Worst performance in a City shirt.

Tevez - Ran his balls off as usual but down lots of blind alleys.

The two young kids making their debuts it's not fair to comment, both young and did ok. In fact the only two who wanted to be there.

Just pray that Joe Hart does not get injured. His place is the safest in league football !

Panthera Tigris said:
Nastasic was bought basically on the strength of 1 good performance against Zlatan, he wasn't even an automatic first choice at Fiorentina.

So, you know exactly why Nastasic was purchased? I take it you are a highly-placed club insider, then?!<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:20 am --<br /><br />
FishFoot said:
Listened to the game and from my perspective any result in any competition at your place is just amazing for us, we usually roll over and die up there.

Don't worry, you've got bigger fish to fry than the league cup, where as us? It might be our result of the season.

Congratulations (though it rankles me to do this!) on a nice victory for your Villains today. Maybe it will kick-start your Prem season. Still enough at AV to show better than you have thus far.

You're correct - we do have bigger fish to fry. Maybe we should fire up the stove at last, eh?! Still enough at MC to show better than we have thus far, also.....

A throwback to the old days: anticipation in the run up to an evening Cup game, then turning more wretched as the night wears on and the result's the first thing you think about in the morning!

Wasn't there but even ultra-positive Lakey tweeting that it was piss poor and a wake up call. We've been lethargic since 19th August (actually make that 12th when we shipped two silly goals against Chelski at VP). Don't know whether it's a hang over from 13th May, over confidence (arrogance) or what, but the whole squad needs a dressing down. Irrespective of our talent, we need application and effort every game.

On the plus side, this is an opportunity for us to react positively and emphatically just as They That Shall Not Be Named have done on numerous occasions after some lax performances. Fulham away, given their decent form and league position is exactly the type of game where Champions do the business. The press are loving this; let's make sure we're putting two-fingers up to them at 5pm on Saturday.

Oh and I forgot to mention....

At half time of extra time we were 3-2 down and instead of the team having some kind of get together to say "come on lads we've got 15 minutes " etc etc, Captain Kolo just wandered off drinking out of a bottle, Milner walked away and played with a ball on his own. The others stood around in little groups with no leadership from with the players or management !! What is Platt and Kidds role ? Even they didn't want to be there.

A disgrace from a professional football club.

For next seasons League Cup can the club please state upfront that they are not arsed about the competition and save us all the time, money and effort of fucking going !

I am at a loss for words sometimes, how can this team which showed so much heart and desire to win every game last season appear to be like a pub team who just met the night before? It's a fucking shambles. I'm only glad we weren't playing Chavski last night, it would have been double figures.
WTF is going on in defence? Kolo's days are surely numbered? Pantyliner is awful, Nast(get your fucking shit sorted) , Lescott( oh dear, outbound I think). Where is the meanest concedeing defence from last season? If we carry on like this we will be lucky to finish in the top 10. I don't care if it's a 'comedy cup' we should at least try to beat these teams who come to our ground. I dread to think the fallout in the press if we lose in CL next week.
IMO I can't see a way out of this at the moment, ok, it's early in the season, but we should be gathering pace to win games not stumbling to a draw.
I will probably get slated for this but i think if RM doesn't start to produce winning ways in CL and Prem, he will be under some serious pressure and in the firing line.
I hope we get it together soon, I can't take much more of the laughing from rag mates.

rnblade said:
I am at a loss for words sometimes, how can this team which showed so much heart and desire to win every game last season appear to be like a pub team who just met the night before? It's a fucking shambles. I'm only glad we weren't playing Chavski last night, it would have been double figures.
WTF is going on in defence? Kolo's days are surely numbered? Pantyliner is awful, Nast(get your fucking shit sorted) , Lescott( oh dear, outbound I think). Where is the meanest concedeing defence from last season? If we carry on like this we will be lucky to finish in the top 10. I don't care if it's a 'comedy cup' we should at least try to beat these teams who come to our ground. I dread to think the fallout in the press if we lose in CL next week.
IMO I can't see a way out of this at the moment, ok, it's early in the season, but we should be gathering pace to win games not stumbling to a draw.
I will probably get slated for this but i think if RM doesn't start to produce winning ways in CL and Prem, he will be under some serious pressure and in the firing line.
I hope we get it together soon, I can't take much more of the laughing from rag mates.

If your being serious you would have committed suicide 15 years ago. Get a grip ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.