City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

I am not too bothered about going out of that cup. But, like most on here, I am very concerned about the performance and some players' attitudes.

Defence is looking a shambles. I wonder if covering for Lescott has finally taken its toll on Kompany? I rated Lescott highly last season but seems, at the moment anyway, that he is being carried. Every time he gets the ball Vinnie looks to drop in case of a stray pass.

Perhaps time to give Nastasic a long run now while we have the so called "lesser" teams in the next few league games?

Width is a no go because it kills the passing game which most of our small players are conditioned for. If he plays width he needs Dzeko and Balo up there not Tevez, Aguero, Silva etc. And no way he is dropping those at once.

So if Hart gets injured its Pants or Wright? God help us.

Roll on weekend!!!!!

Bounce back time!

please

Exeter Blue I am here said:
rnblade said:
gazinho said:
You've not followed us for long have you my mate? If you cant take the laughing now you should be glad you havent been around for the last 30 odd years

I have been a blue 40+ years!! And most of my working life been out of the country with the forces,so have had to follow via the media.
I have been thru the dark days and now I would like to see us playing the way we were towards the end of last season!! I'm allowed my opinion, if you don't like it.... Tough!

Blue my arse. I've seen several of your posts. You're about as Blue as a Chinese flag
Cheeky Grecian CNUT!!! I didn't realise all comments had to be through 'blue tinted glasses' I am sure this is a forum for everyone to have their say! Or am I wrong? God forbid we criticise the team and our management.

I always like to take the positives out of a poor performance, especially in the 3rd of the Capital Cup, that was some fucking easy loyalty points earned.

allan harper said:
I always like to take the positives out of a poor performance, especially in the 3rd of the Capital Cup, that was some fucking easy loyalty points earned.

You call that easy! Should email everyone that turned up and multiply the points by at least x5 ;)

Playing players out of position will not help one bit, really feel for Jimmy, he cant win. I said to someone last night if we are serious about going through get Zabs on and at least give Jimmy a chance in the middle, person next to me said RM wont want him injured. Did Tevez play for 2 hours, what the hell was that about

I went last night and yes it was shit but there are a couple of positives to take from it.

1. Our rag inspired minority who sing 'we score when we want to' should now finally realise that it's not only arrogant but it almost invariably heralds a goal from the opposition and it makes us look like tossers - the villa fans were singing it back to us last night (and fair play to them - we deserved it).
2. If we're going to take a kick in the arse to get us to focus as a club (players / fans / the lot) then I'd rather it be a kicking in the capital one cup than any other competition.

Last night was a particularly poor performance from City. Yes you could claim mitigating circumstances, we made 10 changes from the team that played Arsenal and the starting lineup was certainly not the strongest we could have put out, but Suarez, Razak and (possibly) Pantillimon aside you'd take our other 8 players over their Villa counterparts any day of the week.

The worrying thing is our propensity to concede goals at the moment, combined with a complete inability to hold onto a lead. We've been in a leading position in the Southampton, QPR, Real Madrid, Arsenal and now Villa games, and been pegged back each time (ok, Southampton and QPR we went on to win the game eventually, but we put ourselves under pressure by letting the lead slip).

Good one telegraph :)

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini tells rival managers to shut up, like they do at Manchester United

1) There's a startling lack of leadership, both on the pitch and in the dugout. Most obvious example was extra time. Lambert stood with his players around him organising them. Our team just wandered around while Mancini talked to one or two of them.

2) Many people, myself included, thought Barry would make a positive difference to the team. Last night he was awful. Slower than usual and poor with his passing. At least twice he passed to Razzak who was in no position to receive it and lost it. Some people were blaming the young lad but it was Barry who put him under needless pressure.

3) Mario Balotelli is only at Manchester City because he's mates with Mancini. Anyone else would have been shown the door by now. Piss poor effort again. Get rid.

4) I think some of the players don't rate/like Dzeko. A couple of times he made a good run to a dangerous position and the ball didn't go in for him. Tevez seems particularly guilty of this. Edin has been our best player this month and works hard despite lack of support. A few times he was closing the defenders and goalkeeper but nobody backed him up.

5) James Milner must be hugely pissed off. Reduced to 5th choice right-back it's no surprise he didn't have the best game last night. I expect him to leave in January.

6) Dennis Suarez looked hopelessly out of his depth. Like a 12 year old in an under 16s match.

7) Razzak looks a very good prospect. He worked really hard closing the ball down and trying to win it back quickly. He gave it away a couple of times but he also retained it very well when put under pressure by a poor pass. Saying he had pretty much no help from Barry I thought he did a good job. I hope to see more of him this season.

Finally as an overall problem in the last two games we haven't controlled the midfield at all. Time to go to 4-5-1 with Yaya given more opportunity to push on and support the forward. Until we sort the midfield our defence will remain under pressure.

The thing about this competition is that it is one that we were capable of winning, and a trip to Wembley would not have been sniffed at.

The real point about this competition is that fringe players and the up and coming players get a chance of some game time, which is invaluable to keep them up to speed in case of injuries or if RM wants to make some changes in the major competitions for tactical reasons.

And even more so regarding the up and coming players, when else are they going to get a chance to show what they can do if not in this competition.

Last night was a complete and utter shambles and makes you question whether RM has a strategy for the season and whether or not the players understand what the strategy is (if there is one).

It is total rubbish to say that it's a blessing in disguise to be out of the competition, because with a squad of our size and with players of the quality that we have, we should be taking it very seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.