City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

the goats backside said:
Playing players out of position will not help one bit, really feel for Jimmy, he cant win. I said to someone last night if we are serious about going through get Zabs on and at least give Jimmy a chance in the middle, person next to me said RM wont want him injured. Did Tevez play for 2 hours, what the hell was that about
We have cover for Tevez. We have no cover for Zabeleta who is our only fit right back. I think Mancini would have liked to take Tevez off as he did Lescott but couldn't as we needed a goal.

Whilst I agree we were poor last night, I think some credit has to go Villa. Lambert got them up for this game in a competition he obviously sees as being achievable. Their pressing, tempo and passing were all good. There's no shame in going out to another Prem team especially one that played well.

At least it wasn't Brighton & Hove Albion this year!!

Good luck to Villa there manager wanted it there players wanted it! With priorities else where I think a lot of fans next season won't signing up to this competition!

Last seasons team not set up to accommodate Tevez, we play some of the best football when Silva at his best form as he seems to play better without Tevez in.. me think(?)

This seasons team set up to accommodate Tevez may be the problem or just need sometime to adjust.

Thought I would wait until this morning to post to let the dust settle from what was another poor showing.

All I can say is winning breeds confidence and it seems the whole club (fans included) seems flat.

All had poor games last night each and every one of them.

Hope we turn it arond and fast.

Roll On City said:
Last seasons team not set up to accommodate Tevez, we play some of the best football when Silva at his best form as he seems to play better without Tevez in.. me think(?)

This seasons team set up to accommodate Tevez may be the problem or just need sometime to adjust.

Yet 6 wins out of 6 at the back end of last season and 3 out of 4 at the start of this including CS all included Tevez. Tevez isnt the problem and has been our best player this season.

The problems are

1. Mancini pissing about with systems
2. Kompany and Silva being out of form
3. Barry being missing
4. Selling De Jong
5. Buying players either on deadline day or a week or so before and spending £50m on players that are no better on early impressions than we already had.
6.Playing said players too early and in games that are too big for them. Sinclair V Arsenal, Nastasic v Madrid.

Last night summed up the season so far for me.

I couldn't believe such a lack of desire, indifference, cohesion, the sign of any such real tactics.

I wanted to go last night, if nothing else, just to see a different few faces.

What it told me is that some of the older faces won't make it past the January window and some of the newer ones, still have a long way to go.

I know Blue Moon is the place for body language experts, but that was quite painful viewing watching Mancini on the site this morning.

Terrible interview, in the first place, but he looked a broken man.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Roll On City said:

Yet 6 wins out of 6 at the back end of last season and 3 out of 4 at the start of this including CS all included Tevez. Tevez isnt the problem and has been our best player this season.

The problems are

3. Barry being missing
4. Selling De Jong
5. Buying players either on deadline day or a week or so before and spending £50m on players that are no better on early impressions than we already had.
6.Playing said players too early and in games that are too big for them. Sinclair V Arsenal, Nastasic v Madrid.
1) Silva is playing poorly. Kompany is OK
2) Barry played last night and it was his worst display ever.
3) De Jong would have helped last night, but so would Garcia or Rodwell. We'd have won with any of them.
4) Nasty was superb v Madrid. Arguably our best player after Toure
5) Too early to judge new signings. How long did it take Silva to bed in? He was poor for the first 2 months.
6) Sinclair has done OK. Uses the ball well, and was one of the better players last night

Marvin said:
Roll On City said:

The problems are

3. Barry being missing
4. Selling De Jong
3) De Jong would have helped last night, but so would Garcia or Rodwell. We'd have won with any of them.
5) Too early to judge new signings. How long did it take Silva to bed in? He was poor for the first 2 months.
6) Sinclair has done OK. Uses the ball well, and was one of the better players last night

kompany is ok ??? can't agree on that. i actually think hes probably in his worst vein of form since the manager came to the club

Marvin said:
Roll On City said:

The problems are

3. Barry being missing
4. Selling De Jong

Your opinion clearly differs from mine then. Its clear to see that this year in general we have been shite so something is wrong and needs sorting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.