City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

CTID Chris said:
He constantly gave the ball away, found himself in the wrong positions, lack of movement, dwelling on the ball too long, giving the ball away, and he gave the ball away a couple of times too.

Add to that the misses, bad decision making, and giving the ball away, it was a very bad performance.

Also, his ball retention isn't very good and he gives the ball away quite often too.

Wow. In one sentence you manage to state three times that Johnson gives the ball away. Not content with that, you manage to give it another two mentions in your next two sentences / paragraphs. Am I to believe you weren't that impressed with AJ today?

LoveCity said:
I like the Beady Eye version of BM but did anyone notice no one sang along to it before the match, I don't think its catching on at all.

Its fookin shocking and needs replacing asap.

Very easy win. Should have been more. I am not keen on this taking the foot of the gas in the last 15/20 mins. Rags went for the throat again today even at 5.0 up. We really need to be doing this. Wigan were dead and buried after the third went in.

Atmosphere very flat.

Silva=genius

Aguero, Tevez did well together.

Richards and clichy great.

Only negatives Johnson who I thought was poor and harts poor distribution again!

3-0 flattered Wigan today. On another day, Tevez would have chosen the other side of Al Habsi when trying to convert the penalty and Richards' chip would have dropped under the bar instead of hitting it. Everything we did today was inch perfect apart from the finishing.

The football we were playing looks very promising for the future. Nasri, Aguero and Silva look like a threesome made in Heaven, and if you get a fully fit Tevez and an on form Edin Dzeko into that mix, City could be lethal in every competition.

I do think we should show no mercy at times when we take the foot off the gas, but with Napoli coming up on Wednesday I can understand why we slowed the pace of the game down on this occasion.

Everything looks good for City at the moment. And I hope it continues.

Ratings:
Hart 7 - made some good saves when asked to. Distribution still needs a ridiculous amount of work.

Richards 8 - good getting forward, excellent in the air.

Kompany 8 - calm and composed when called in to action.

Lescott 7 - should have scored sitter, good game nonetheless.

Clichy 7 - good getting forward but often beaten by Moses.

Yaya 6 - a little of the pace, but got better as the game went on.

Milner 7 - busy as ever, did well to battle on after being cut.

Silva 9 - is there a better midfielder in the Premier League?

Johnson 6 - gave possession up, not much end product.

Aguero 9 - three excellent finishes to round off a good performance.

Tevez 7 - excellent link up play, poor end product.

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:
I like the Beady Eye version of BM but did anyone notice no one sang along to it before the match, I don't think its catching on at all.

Its fookin shocking and needs replacing asap.
Totally and utterly 1000% with you that version is depressing and not right to build up the crowd before kick off can we please get the supra version back please

A very good performance again, I could get used to this :). My only disappointment was the atmosphere was flat, let's not become complacent against the smaller clubs and let's enjoy victories with more noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.