City's Transfer Window Haul

Re: Realistically....

Guti's told Madrid that he would come to ManCity.

From my point of view it would be a free transfer because R.Madrid wants him out and Guti.

have to agree with the OP, now that the Eto'o thing has gone, I'd be very happy with tevez, lescott and another CB. lucio would suit me fine. terry's a great leader but i still dislike him personally, and worry about his fitness.

barry, RSC and lescott are the players we were missing last year, and will give us an very well balanced side. Add in a quality footballing CB, and tevez, and we will surely be best of the rest, and finish a lot nearer the top four than villa managed this year. the only other area that might be adressed is finding a quick, footballing right back, but there are few good options now johnson's gone to liverpool.

if we make more changes it gets more complicated. petrov may well want to leave and then we have the problem of finding someone with enough quality who will happily play second fiddle to robinho. elano is surely off, and will leave a similair problem, we surely can't get through the season without a quality backup/challenger to ireland.

I'd be happy with those 4, i don't count Taylor as he's only on a one year contract & then Hart will be back, it's almost like a loan signing.

Tevez
Lescott
RSC
Barry

They will give our squad a more balanced look, another defender & maybe another striker & i'd call it a good summer, then we can push on again next summer etc etc etc.
I don't think we'll be top 4 but a good top 6 finish will have players noticing we are going in the right direction & maybe they'll be more open to joining us next summer.
A lot of us are so desperate for success that we fail to see that the side we already have is the best we've had for many many years, we just need to be a little patient ( that word again) and we're in for an exciting next 10 years.

Pam said:
No so-called marquee signing but you can't deny it would be a pretty decent haul, to say the least.

If Tevez arrives then I'd put that in the 'marquee' division.

Dont care what anyone says, whether rightly or wrongly Cook and the board will not stop until they have a BIG name.

We should aim for the names mentioned.

Tevez
Lescott
Lucio/Terry
Barry
Santa Cruz
Taylor

Then there is no harm in trying to sign a Superstar such as

Aguero, Fabiano, Hugain and so on. But its no loss if we miss out because of our signigns already.

The chequebook and pen needs to be put away when our team flyout together to South Africa, to prepare for the new season.
I fully expect Tevez and a new defender to be on the flight with the team, and an announcement to go with it that the chequebook and pen has been put away.
If we are serious about finishing in the top 4/6 in this league you need to be fully prepared for the matches ahead, and make no mistake Blackburn will be gunning big style for us, if we are not fully focused we will be humbled, the window shuts on August 31st, our window should shut July 16th.

oaksie2 said:
The chequebook and pen needs to be put away when our team flyout together to South Africa, to prepare for the new season.
I fully expect Tevez and a new defender to be on the flight with the team, and an announcement to go with it that the chequebook and pen has been put away.
If we are serious about finishing in the top 4/6 in this league you need to be fully prepared for the matches ahead, and make no mistake Blackburn will be gunning big style for us, if we are not fully focused we will be humbled, the window shuts on August 31st, our window should shut July 16th.

disagree, should always be looking to improve the squad when possible.

We can't always agree, but I feel with RSC, Barry, Tevez and another defender, by Wednesday we will have vastly improved and that the time will have come to concentrate fully on the job inhand.
To be fair I think that the club think that too, with the decision to pull the plug on an attempt to sign a player that was obviously going to drag on and on, thus disrupting our preperation, we will have a quality team at Blackburn and they will have had a full month to hit the ground running, bringing in players at the 11th hour will hinder not help our situation.

We need some world renowned players for psycological reasons as much as their ability.We need the opposition to look at our teamsheet and think"shit.........we're gonna get twatted".Baconface won the title with one of the poorest midfields in the division.Teams assume that when they go to the theatre of coathangers it's damage limitation time.Not really.Attack them and they struggle badly.The're crap really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.