Clapham alkali attack

‘Oh I’m a Christian - please let me stay in the UK’

It would seem that this is a reason for allowing asylum seekers to stay here.

Which thick as pigshit decision makers came up with this one?

You could not make this one up. Yet I bet very few of us long-standing UK citizens were aware of it.

Just a shame so many bogus asylum seekers probably are.

You could not make this one up. Yet I bet very few of us long-standing UK citizens were aware of it.

The logic behind it makes sense. It's not about being a Christian, it's about being a member of an minority that would be in danger in the country. For example, a Rohingya fleeing Myanmar could point to the fact that they're Rohingya as a reason that they would be in danger if they were sent back.

Of course this argument falls flat when the person isn't a 'Christian' until they've already had two failed asylum applications, because at that point, you're not arguing that you ever were in danger (which was the reason for claiming asylum), just that you would hypothetically be in danger if you went back.

Now in certain cases, it might be dangerous to go back because of something you did abroad (e.g. a human rights lawyer publicly speaking out against their government), but that's typically people who are legally in the country before the commit the 'offence' that puts a target on their back. To claim asylum in the first instance, you surely should have to show that your life or safety was threatened before you left.

There is a lot of asylum seekers who happen to be gay, christian and 15

A 100 is a lot of percent.

Has there been many cases where wanted criminals have been found to be protected and hidden in mosques?

I can’t recall off the top of my head hearing of it before. Although I do have a very poor memory.
I doubt if it would happen with such a serious offence but wasn't there someone living in a church in Hulme(?) to avoid deportation about 30 or 40 years ago? - Different religion of course, but a similar principle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.