Clarkson. Finished?

Because he’s happy with Clarkson’s comments but doesn’t want to admit it. Every Whatabout Willy has the same motive at heart. The whataboutery gives them plausible deniability to say “where did I say that?” angrily when everyone knows what they mean.
Pretty much this. At least this thread has weeded out sympathisers of misogynistic bullies. I know not to give them the time of day in future.

They're not really comparable comments are they?

"I wanted him to die, and then I thought that reflects badly on me and I don't want to be the sort of person who wants people to die.
So, then I wanted him to get better, which he did do, he did get better, but he didn't get better as a human being and I really would prefer that."
Exactly mate.

zEtJ9B.gif

Jeremy Clarkson's column about the Duchess of Sussex has become the Independent Press Standards Organisation's most complained about article ever.
It will be a reputational and commercial disaster, even for the Sun. Advertisers and sponsors will just pull the plug. This organisation never learns its lesson.

Think it's a turning point that hatred and vile abuse written in articles are not accepted and going forward editors will have to be more aware at what's been published - new legislation could also materialize. Hopefully some good will come out of it.
Agreed but even Princess Diana's death didn't mark a turning point. I hope you are right moving forward though.

What proof is there that Clarkson is misogynistic?
"She's an unhinged monster", "I hate her on a cellular level, more than Rose West", "I lay awake at night dreaming of throwing excrement at her".

If a man comments like that on an innocent woman, whom has never wronged him on any level, then he's a misogynist. Unless of course you think such comments are justified? For personal reasons I'm not going to into on a public forum, misogyny and abuse of any kind towards women touches me probably more than it should. That man's comments reopened wounds for me. I've tried to avoid this circus until now, but those comments hurt me on a personal level and vindicated what the couple seem to be rallying against. I'm not left wing, not necessarily right, I'm centre. Wokism frustrates me more than you can believe. And yes, I'm a staunch republican. But Clarkson's article went beyond any of that. It was deplorable, and not something that should have been made publically available.

Apologies for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.