Clattenberg Bottled It

Poor decision making. The penaltys on Dzeko alone was a stone wall 1. The Skrtel hand ball too another stone wall if he or the linesmen see it. Saurez diving after being booked any other player after seeing who it was would of got a yellow card for that. The game is gone too soft. Its a joke. Diving and getting away with it time and time again its a cancer to the game. The refs should and the FA should stamp it out. 1 - 3 game bans for it. So players wont dive around it has to happen.

willy eckerslike said:
Persistent fouling and cheating will not draw that second yellow.
Clattenburg has previously sent off at least two players for diving on a yellow card. He knows what the rules are and is fully prepared to implement them when it suits him. For some reason, yesterday wasn't one of those times. Make of that what you will.

Dubai Blue said:
willy eckerslike said:
Clattenburg has previously sent off at least two players for diving on a yellow card. He knows what the rules are and is fully prepared to implement them when it suits him. For some reason, yesterday wasn't one of those times. Make of that what you will.

yep sent torres off for a dive v United i think

e4y9yza6.jpg

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Clattenberg was either a coward or a cheat,that's the simplicity of it
Whichever one it was he should be stood down

I hope the club come out and make this statement

i'd love to know how there can be a substitution and a sending off in injury time and only 30 seconds is added on.

cleavers said:
Dubai Blue said:
For some reason, yesterday wasn't one of those times. Make of that what you will.
Wrong as it may have been, he's human, and in yesterdays situation, I can see why he didn't give some decision, but we also got away with a couple too.
It's the Suarez red card I can't get my head round. There's simply no possible explanation for not sending him off. He saw it clearly, called it correctly and then didn't implement the laws of the game. There's no excuse for it.

Dubai Blue said:
willy eckerslike said:

My view on the Suarez incident yesterday is that he did get clipped by MD as he was aiming to dive, but it wasn't as blatant as some are making out - it was hardly Ashley Young! I think it was the right call by the ref.<br /><br />-- 14 Apr 2014, 08:14 --<br /><br />
wireblue said:
i'd love to know how there can be a substitution and a sending off in injury time and only 30 seconds is added on.

Ahh, now you've hit my pet hate about the modern game. I think subs should be banned in added time.

Markt85 said:
Suarez should have got a yellow for that dive and would have done if it was in the area. However, from a neutral point of view I thought he controlled that game well. Whoever would have lost would have blamed the ref. problem is football nowadays is so fast and frantic with players cheating all over the pitch it's pretty much impossible to get so many incidences correct. But it will never change. It's why we love the game.

Only those who cannot accommodate losing will blame the ref. There are too many incidents occurring every weekend where referees and linesmen are making crass mistakes. I would not venture that Crappenberg's treatment of Suarez was a 'mistake'. It was a deliberate attempt to pervert what was written down in the Laws. He made up the Law regarding diving to fit the occasion, and if that is not cheating I don't know what is. Had that been Dzeko or Jovetic taking a faked tumble, Stevie Starfish would have been on hand to remind him of his arbitrational duties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.