Clattenberg Bottled It

I would be talking about the ref if we had won. Maybe I would be in a better mood today but still the refs incompetence cannot be ignored.

Clattenburg is a bad referee, we all know that, Tyler apparently said he handled the game well. Why does he feel the need to say that? Because he also knows he is a bad referee. People are waiting for him to make a bad decision and he did several yesterday.

Does that cost us the game, giving two goals away cheaply obviously costs us big time but if decisions are made correctly we could have a draw or a win yesterday.

Astley Lad said:
No mater how hard I try, I can't find any way to blame Clattenberg for the goals we conceded, that's the responsibility of the players.
But his responsibility is to referee impartially, consistently, in accordance with the laws of the game and to a minimum standard as defined by the FA and the Professional Referees Association. Consistency ?, to be fair, he booked Garcia for his first foul (not sure it was actually a foul but he was) having booked Suarez for his first foul. In all of the remaining criteria, he was found wanting, missed/failed to give 2 clear cut penalties (if Carragher's big enough to call it, then it's safe to assume it's a penalty). He also failed to apply the rules of the game following Suarez's blatant dive, for which he was positioned perfectly to see that there was no contact whatsoever.
The Telegraph described it as a 'cowardly' performance from Clattenberg, couldn't have put it better myself.
Well if clattenberg done his job Suarez would have been off. Demechelis brings down the ball and clears it. Instead of challenging with Suarez to win a header that goes to kompany, who hits it into counting, who scores. So I blame him for their 3rd goal.

r.soleofsalford said:
meher said:
Match was lost not because of him!! it was because of Hart and Kompany.

Hart really, Kompany had to be helped of the pitch in training the day before. A lesser man wouldnt of played.
True but he still made mistakes

And when we make mistakes you can't blame the ref. And the ref has an incredibly difficult job to do.

when hart and Kompany defend like mugs, you can't complain that the ref gave decisions to Liverpool.

Remember Clattenburg sending Bellamy off at Bolton, when he was tripped in the area?

Also not calling a foul on Dzeko at Fulham, when they went on to score?

Has quite a lot of previous where City are concerned and why was he reffing Liverpool again, so soon after his cameo at the Swamp?

No agenda - my arse!

Most refs are shit.... Clattenberg is bent, only one more bent was that Peter Walton.

What no decent journalist worth anything has pointed out is that his bottle job on not sending Suarez off has massive ramifications for the PL title.

Forget yesterday because nobody knows if the game might have changed. The big title deciding factor is Suarez is now available to play against Norwich. He should be serving a ban and without him in the team and possibly Sturridge I doubt they would come away from Norwich with a result.

A double whammy for Cunttenburg being shithouse.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
de niro said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Sorry Bill, feel like my heart has been ripped out.

Come on here and clowns milking it.

I know you feel, it does hurt,it helps when you are old like me and take a step back and think what the hell, its just football.

It isn't though it's much more than that. :(

It's life

I know why the scousers were so giddy on RAWK when Clattenburg was named.. ALL I ASK FOR IS FAIRNESS!!!!! He didn't want Luis missing next week. Sheer cheating not following basic refereeing rules to suit his own agenda.. Had to go for long walk round Didsbury after the game I was raging!! That **** should get dogs abuse next time he's at the Etihad but the corrupt powers that be will avoid appointing him there until dust settles!! Corrupt!!... Best league in the world....worst referees in the world

I want to know what his linesman is doing for the Skrtel handball.

None of our players appealed because we had our back to the play.

Clattenberg can be forgiven for not seeing it in real time, but the linesmen, level with the 18-yard line, has no excuses whatsoever looking sideways on.

Otherwise, Clattenberg fucked up every major decision barring a red card at the death, which was convenient for him, coming when it did.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2603900/Superb-Clattenburg-got-Henderson-red-spot-late-Skrtel-penalty-call-wrong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... wrong.html</a>

Graham Poll sums up all the decisions.

Have to say i thought he was awful yesterday,totally inconsistent as already mentioned garcia on the pitch less than a minute,first foul booked this seems to be a trend with our players,were as other teams seem to foul away and either dont get booked at all or its after 5 or 6 fouls before they do..He was afraid to make the big calls pens and second yellow for the biter,so all in all he bottled it....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.