Clattenberg Bottled It

Do't you think the managers and players make refereeing extremely difficult?

Clattenberg made mistakes. But we got the benefit of those mistakes in the game at City.

The bigger point is that a player like Suarez cheats week after week and gets away with it. Can refs send him off in big games when they have to be certain he dived?

And then you have the Liverpool dominated MOTD trying to cover up for Suarez when he dives. His play-acting should not be accepted and it should be dealt with by the FA Disciplinary committee. You can't expect refs to do this. It's too difficult.

de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
he did NOT bottle it. it was a pre game decision to allow a Liverpool win. the only reason they got a red card at all was he had to save face and did so in the 91st minute.

if that's what you really believe then it's time for you to give up watching this game and start campaigning to eradicate corruption in english football

do you think the English game is immune to the same problems elsewhere? not a chance. its actually a bigger market.
it WILL all come out one day. too many times people leave grounds scratching their heads.

like i say if that's what you really believe then why are you throwing your hard earned money into a corrupt sport

also who exactly is passing the "brown paper bag" to clattenburg to either not let city win or ensure liverpool win??

We lost that game through our own errors and deficiencies and with players like Skrtel and Suarez grabbing shirts and diving it's not as easy as you think to call it

Liverpool are an establishment club. Papers and radio etc will gloss over certain things they do week after week and have become part of their game because they want a very popular club to do well because it suits them.

tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
if that's what you really believe then it's time for you to give up watching this game and start campaigning to eradicate corruption in english football

do you think the English game is immune to the same problems elsewhere? not a chance. its actually a bigger market.
it WILL all come out one day. too many times people leave grounds scratching their heads.

like i say if that's what you really believe then why are you throwing your hard earned money into a corrupt sport

also who exactly is passing the "brown paper bag" to clattenburg to either not let city win or ensure liverpool win??

its way beyond brown paper bags.

I go to the games as a social event, especially away games. and the hope that they could'nt afford to bend our game that week. sometimes they do just that.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Did you know that Liverpool have requested he referee the Norwich and Chelsea games...

And they will probably get their request granted.

Marvin said:
We lost that game through our own errors and deficiencies and with players like Skrtel and Suarez grabbing shirts and diving it's not as easy as you think to call it

Liverpool are an establishment club. Papers and radio etc will gloss over certain things they do week after week and have become part of their game because they want a very popular club to do well because it suits them.
I'd also add that with the loss of their real darlings this season, the surprise re-emergence of Liverpool has been something of the perfect storm for the media, added to by the hillsborough re-enquiry, and the anniversary this weekend, we were never going to get a fair go at yesterday from the media. I'm also sure that Clattenburg was carefully selected for the fixture, and while he did bottle a couple of decisions, I didn't think he had a bad game overall, one of our penalty 'claims' was missed by everyone but an eagle eyed camera man, not one of our players appealed, the other was at best marginal, and would have been slated had it been given against us at home.

Ultimatley we lost yesterday because we made some utterly hopeless mistakes in defence, and, not for the first time, we didn't take our chances when they came along. Kompany's mistake proving to be the clincher in a game of pretty tight margins. We didn't deserve to lose, nor did Liverpool, and it was always likely to be decided by an error, it wasn't decided by the referee in my opinion.

The plain and simple truth is that we lost that game because we didn't turn up for the first 30 minutes, some woeful defensive errors & a few very good chances we should have scored. We should have had at least 2 penalties granted but even with those not being given, we have only ourselves to blame for losing this one. Blaming Calamityberg for this loss just glosses over our poor start to the game. Totally gutted but we are still in it & if we show Pride in Battle for our remaining games, we can still win the title. The dippers will be favourites now but my money is still firmly on City.. !

cleavers said:
Ultimatley we lost yesterday because we made some utterly hopeless mistakes in defence, and, not for the first time, we didn't take our chances when they came along. Kompany's mistake proving to be the clincher in a game of pretty tight margins. We didn't deserve to lose, nor did Liverpool, and it was always likely to be decided by an error, it wasn't decided by the referee in my opinion.

I agree with not taking our chances - and it being a regular fault this season. With a fully fit Aguero we would be clear.

As much as people want someone to blame - Clattenberg isn't the one. Yes he could have given a penalty on Dzeko, also one for Kompany on Suarez - so evens up there. The problem with the system is that key players who get an early yellow card tend to get away with MORE during the game - it's the ref saying early on that "I'm in charge" and the player testing him throughout with "No you're not". Every ref bottles it unless it's a dangerous tackle or blatant professional foul. Persistent fouling and cheating will not draw that second yellow.

As for the handball at the end - no-one saw it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.