Clattenberg Bottled It

Markt85 said:
problem is football nowadays is so fast and frantic with players cheating all over the pitch it's pretty much impossible to get so many incidences correct. But it will never change. It's why we love the game.
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I certainly don't love the game because of dodgy referees being unable to apply the laws of the game correctly. In fact I come pretty close to hating the whole fucking charade when nonsense like yesterday happens.

Forget the penalties as they're all open to interpretation, but Clattenburg saw the Suarez dive, called it correctly and then completely failed to deal with it properly. There's simply no excuse for that and it makes a mockery of the game.

Yes, our own players helped fuck things up for us yesterday, but they were the result of honest mistakes. There was nothing even slightly honest about that decision from Clattenburg; it was out and out cheating, and I'm getting sick of referees picking and choosing when and where they apply the laws of the game.

Dubai Blue said:
Markt85 said:
problem is football nowadays is so fast and frantic with players cheating all over the pitch it's pretty much impossible to get so many incidences correct. But it will never change. It's why we love the game.
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I certainly don't love the game because of dodgy referees being unable to apply the laws of the game correctly. In fact I come pretty close to hating the whole fucking charade when nonsense like yesterday happens.

Forget the penalties as they're all open to interpretation, but Clattenburg saw the Suarez dive, called it correctly and then completely failed to deal with it properly. There's simply no excuse for that and it makes a mockery of the game.

Yes, our own players helped fuck things up for us yesterday, but they were the result of honest mistakes. There was nothing even slightly honest about that decision from Clattenburg; it was out and out cheating, and I'm getting sick of referees picking and choosing when and where they apply the laws of the game.

totally agree dubai, exactly how i saw it, forget motd saying it was a foulf, clattenburg made a call at the time that it was no foul thus simulation by suarez which is a cautionable offence and he plainly refused to take the action he should of and book him as he knew he would have to send him off

= bottled it

tonea2003 said:
Dubai Blue said:
Markt85 said:

totally agree dubai, exactly how i saw it, forget motd saying it was a foulf, clattenburg made a call at the time that it was no foul thus simulation by suarez which is a cautionable offence and he plainly refused to take the action he should of and book him as he knew he would have to send him off

= bottled it

he did NOT bottle it. it was a pre game decision to allow a Liverpool win. the only reason they got a red card at all was he had to save face and did so in the 91st minute.

de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
Dubai Blue said:

= bottled it

he did NOT bottle it. it was a pre game decision to allow a Liverpool win. the only reason they got a red card at all was he had to save face and did so in the 91st minute.

THIS !

de niro said:
tonea2003 said:
Dubai Blue said:

= bottled it

if that's what you really believe then it's time for you to give up watching this game and start campaigning to eradicate corruption in english football

de niro said:
kiam06 said:
I'm not sure if he bottled it or simply followed orders it was pretty incredible to see some of the decisions in that game and some from previous Liverpool games.

Sky need a red glory hunting team at the top to protect the product and the year after United fall away guess what Liverpool appear.... How strange.

Just a bit.

so ( and this is a genuine question ) do you think Sky phone up Clattenberg and say he must give Liverpool the game or title ? how do they make him follow orders ? do they pay him money ? or blackmail him he won't get anymore big games if he doesn't do as he is told ?

i would stop following football if i thought this happened

tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
tonea2003 said:

= bottled it

if that's what you really believe then it's time for you to give up watching this game and start campaigning to eradicate corruption in english football

do you think the English game is immune to the same problems elsewhere? not a chance. its actually a bigger market.
it WILL all come out one day. too many times people leave grounds scratching their heads.

No mater how hard I try, I can't find any way to blame Clattenberg for the goals we conceded, that's the responsibility of the players.
But his responsibility is to referee impartially, consistently, in accordance with the laws of the game and to a minimum standard as defined by the FA and the Professional Referees Association. Consistency ?, to be fair, he booked Garcia for his first foul (not sure it was actually a foul but he was) having booked Suarez for his first foul. In all of the remaining criteria, he was found wanting, missed/failed to give 2 clear cut penalties (if Carragher's big enough to call it, then it's safe to assume it's a penalty). He also failed to apply the rules of the game following Suarez's blatant dive, for which he was positioned perfectly to see that there was no contact whatsoever.
The Telegraph described it as a 'cowardly' performance from Clattenberg, couldn't have put it better myself.

Dubai Blue said:
Markt85 said:

Great post..I can take own goals,worldy free kicks etc etc but incometance shown like he did yesterday certainly makes you think.
The handball was hard to see fair do's but the dive..I'd love to know his excuse for not booking him again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.