Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap. Willy saved one from falcao with his foot from much less distance at the end of the Monaco game. He reacted. Bravo didnt

Behave.
Falcao didn't have much time, took it directly and he simply was shooting against Willy's right foot.
98% of the users on here wouldn't be able to avoid the safe. Was difficult for Falcao and easy for Willy tbh.
Watch 5:22

Now Bunn had time to look at Bravo, control the ball and fire. Open goal, a perfect angle, nothing to gamble for a keeper.
Bunn didn't hit Bravo's foot spot on, like Falcao did. There is a huge difference. Why can't you see that?
Watch 0:36

Here are some physics to understand what is important when saying "he should have saved it":

Let's say Bunn's shot was about 80 km/h (which is a conservative estimate).
Bunn is about 12m away from goal.
Bravo is about 2m away from the line.
So the distance from Bunn to Bravo is 10m.
10m at a speed of 80 km/h takes 0.45 sec.
A keeper has a physiological reaction time (nerves and stuff) of about 0.2 sec.
About 0.25 sec left for Bravo to make a move and safe the ball.
But he is standing low to be ready for a jump, which in return makes it impossible to use his feet!
Bravo could have gambled to reduce reaction time, similar to a penalty. But then he could look VERY very silly.
He could have stood upright ready for a safe using his feet. Not what he has learned as a professional.
Last not least, don't forget Bravo's preferred foot is his right. The ball got past him near his left.

Comparing Falcao and Bunn are apples and oranges. Fake news, in other words. You are spreading nonsense for facts.

In such a situation you can be just happy if the keeper makes a safe, somehow.
If he cannot, you shouldn't blame him but the players in front of him, 10 of them. Watch the build-up again!

Pep knows all that. He is able to criticize his players in a fair way, otherwise nobody would want to work with him.
Strange enough many on here are absolutely convinced they are miles ahead of Pep, knowledge wise, and never ever get the slightest idea they might be on the wrong track, just maybe, in theory.

Unable to judge on a well and fairly balanced view quite some are jumping on Bravo, calling him a clown and more, booing him and then coming up with the sentational news that the guy is low on confidence just because half a nation just hating him.
He indeed must have a superb confidence to get out in a sky blue shirt again and try to give his best for his colours while being pissed off.
Is he fairly treated?
I would have thrown the shirt away and walked off. Like many others would.

I agree with this wholeheartedly but the treatment he's getting is tame compared to the treatment dished out to, say, Kit Symons. I know our circumstances are completely different but we've always had our boo boys. It's not a nice trait and not one that will disappear.

Or Edghill when he came back from injury! And he was blue through and through. Terrible how he had his confidence systematically dismantled by the boo-boys, when every time he had the ball, he had to attempt a world class 70 yard cross field ball, as we had no right winger at the time (until Terry Cooke arrived).

That was shameful!

I thought the City fans who jeered Bravo every time he pulled off a save last night were a disgrace. The BBC latched on to it and used it to beat us up again. Claudio has obviously been demoted to number 2 and is trying to play his way back to form. If you cannot encourage your own team give up, stay at home and watch the Tele.
Totally agree. To jeer an opposing keeper,as we did against Monaco,is fair enough but not one of our own. Thought Bravo's distribution last night was very good, could've perhaps done better with the goal but it did apparently take a slight deflection off zaba and was well hit by Bunn. Not gonna do his confidence much good in the future though having his own fans taking the piss about him making a simple save is it?

No I mean people were there as they got cheap/free entry and free food vouchers no interest in the game came in ten mins late left on 75 and paid no attention to the match apart from Bravo baiting

seasons ticket holders do that every game - leave early. it doesnt really matter about people who got cheaper tickets, they should be welcomed.local city fans or as you call them- undesirable/the cast of shameless still/used to make up the match going fan base.

Last edited:
Last night was nothing compared to the stick Edghill got when we lost 2-1 at home to Coventry. That was proper anger. Last night doesn't help Bravo but it was light hearted,we all know he's not up to the standard we need. The fact is he shouldn't be starting any games for us anymore,it was a monumental fk up by Pep bringing him in. I don't think Hart was good enough either but we majorly downgraded with this guy.

Or Edghill when he came back from injury! And he was blue through and through. Terrible how he had his confidence systematically dismantled by the boo-boys, when every time he had the ball, he had to attempt a world class 70 yard cross field ball, as we had no right winger at the time (until Terry Cooke arrived).

That was shameful!
Tony Coton got the same treatment for a short spell, including ironic cheers when he caught the ball.

I don't know what people are seeking to achieve in doing this. Bellends.

I heard it but didn't want to believe it so choose to think it was a positive cheer. Took me a long time to forgive some of my fellow City fans for the Edghill incident - probably never really did.

Last night was an uncanny repeat of what happened in this match, even down to the scoreline.

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3091

Joe Corrigan let a weak shot from Malcolm MacDonald through his legs for their goal and the next few times he secured the ball there were loud ironic cheers from sections of the home crowd. It seems we haven't changed much over 42 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.