Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw- don't know if it's been mentioned but wasn't it his shank out of play that lead to their possession for the equaliser?

You may have to clarify what your saying there mate. I've read it three times and am still struggling with it.

You simply reread former comments I made about Bravo and what Pep wants from him and the players. Fasten your seatbelt, Pep said. But 90% on here don't have a clue what he ment by that.

Opinions are opinions, he is the manager so he can pick who he wants obviously. That won't stop people, myself included having opinions. Do you not have any of your own? It is my opinion, it's not a matter of better or worse, it is just my opinion that Bravo is shit. His stats in a city shirt say he is shit. You are now suggesting he is not shit but everyone else in front of him is and it is their fault he looks shit and hasn't saved anything all year? Now that is a bold opinion. Why is that better than mine or anyone else's? You say our midfield isn't good enough? Yaya, silva and kdb are 3 of the best passers in the league. You are now suggesting that Bravo would look a good keeper behind better players. Of course he would look better but he wouldn't be better himself! I'd look better playing next to kompany than I do playing next to my mate on a Saturday, but that would have nothing to do with me. How much did you honestly watch of Bravo before he played for city? My guess is not much if you tell the truth. So all you can base opinions on is what he has done for city and truth be told that's all that matters anyway. What he used to do for someone else is redundant. So based on his performances for city he has been shit. We bought him to improve us. If we need to buy a whole new team/back four to improve him then ffs that's backwards. Now bore off with your stupid repetition about the value of opinions on a fucking forum designed to let people express them.
Bang on the money.

Btw- don't know if it's been mentioned but wasn't it his shank out of play that lead to their possession for the equaliser?
Yes, but at the time both me and a mate criticised Otamendi's decision to pass it back and put Bravo under unnecessary pressure when he had other options. It depends how far back you want to take this kind of thing, for me we were poor defensively from the moment Oxlade-Chamberlain got possession :-

Sane decided to stop tracking back when he could have easily pressed Ox.
Clichy and Yaya failed to get a block on the cross.
Dinho didn't track Ramsey's run to the far post, causing the overload on Navas.

All of those points also contributed to the goal in some degree.

Yes, but at the time both me and a mate criticised Otamendi's decision to pass it back and put Bravo under unnecessary pressure when he had other options. It depends how far back you want to take this kind of thing, for me we were poor defensively from the moment Oxlade-Chamberlain got possession :-

Sane decided to stop tracking back when he could have easily pressed Ox.
Clichy and Yaya failed to get a block on the cross.
Dinho didn't track Ramsey's run to the far post, causing the overload on Navas.

All of those points also contributed to the goal in some degree.

I totally agree, wasn't actually trying to blame him for the goal just that it was a surprise to see him mis hit it.

Apart from the space Ox had to cross (and it was a good cross) the most striking thing about that goal is that they had equal numbers arriving in the box to our defenders. It's one of my bug bears that we never get that many runners into opposition areas when we have good crossing opportunities.

I totally agree, wasn't actually trying to blame him for the goal just that it was a surprise to see him mis hit it.

Apart from the space Ox had to cross (and it was a good cross) the most striking thing about that goal is that they had equal numbers arriving in the box to our defenders. It's one of my bug bears that we never get that many runners into opposition areas when we have good crossing opportunities.
It's one of mine too, Navas put in a peach of a cross at one point but there was only Aguero and 5 defenders in the box.

I really think more should watch a lot of other prem games,i watch every one on the box that don't clash with ours and it's real easy to see what other keepers are saving and how sharp a lot of their reflexes are and saving things bravo can only dream about,come back and make an honest assessment of his keeping skills then
(not aimed at you)

But it doesn't matter what keepers do elsewhere, only what they do in a City shirt or at least that's the impression I've been left with from this thread before

Cant wait to see the back of him. Would be nice for once after a game to say. Wow our keeper kept us in it or better still won it for us.never happen with this guy. Watched lots of el classico reruns last week and guess what never made a save in Them either. If pep keeps him expect no better from him next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.