Club Badge (merged)

giphy.gif

He looks better than your eagle Malg ;-)

As this is an Internet forum, it's existence is so topics can be discussed, now the consultation process has concluded the debate can include what happens next.

It is not unreasonable to conclude that a vote on a likely successor will be offered to the fans. That's assuming the result of the consultation suggests a desire for change.

In my opinion, unless there is a very clear winner (if that's the correct word), the club will offer up a vote.

I personally think a vote for all season card holders, cityzens & members would be fairer anyway. If there is a clear favourite then at least the less popular of them can be seen to have lost a majority. If for eggsample the bird flys then the club could keep the current badge on some club wear/shirts..similar to the retro design currently.

Of the one's Gav's done (great work as ever mate and thanks!) I think I'd go for this...

CUTR3XiWcAA70CC.png

Ambivalent about the dots, no to white roses!, like the idea of having 1894 incorporated but not sure, although it was my idea, to split it...? Maybe could have 1894 with the FOOTBALL CLUB - 1894? But that prob wouldn't work either. So many options...

But I reckon we'll get something like these (fit the CFG "look") but with a golden ship...

CUTR1MfXIAAYvP6.png

Although I am drawn to what is basically the original 1937 badge... Just a bit too much gold going on...

CUTRwjVWUAA-GZE.png

But for me having maroon, and this much gold, would only make sense if we decide to incorporate maroon/gold in the kits on a more permanent basis (home sock tops/away kit). Which is fine by me. I just can't see it happening.

But as has been said, this is a "core design" so colours can vary. Maybe we could have the gold lettering when we win the league...?

Of the one's Gav's done (great work as ever mate and thanks!) I think I'd go for this...

CUTR3XiWcAA70CC.png

Ambivalent about the dots, no to white roses!, like the idea of having 1894 incorporated but not sure, although it was my idea, to split it...? Maybe could have 1894 with the FOOTBALL CLUB - 1894? But that prob wouldn't work either. So many options...

But I reckon we'll get something like these (fit the CFG "look") but with a golden ship...

CUTR1MfXIAAYvP6.png

Although I am drawn to what is basically the original 1937 badge... Just a bit too much gold going on...

CUTRwjVWUAA-GZE.png

But for me having maroon, and this much gold, would only make sense if we decide to incorporate maroon/gold in the kits on a more permanent basis (home sock tops/away kit). Which is fine by me. I just can't see it happening.

But as has been said, this is a "core design" so colours can vary. Maybe we could have the gold lettering when we win the league...?

Fantastic designs @GeekinGav as always.

Everyone will have their own preference on colours and little tweaks, but as @1.618034 has said, this is essentially the same core design.

I don't think it makes sense to vote on 20 different variations of the same design up against other different designs, because the vote will be too split.

This core design is without question the most popular on the thread, and hopefully any poll should just have one of these to show the true support for it. Having 3 or 4 different colour ways of this design in a poll will just make the poll weak and not fit for purpose.

You know this eagle caper representing 'sport in the city', am I right in thinking folk can now do an undergraduate Sports science degree at City...Manchester City that is...Etihad stadium

Gav...if your back on the graft could you knock a few variants of the stylised eagle badge up so folk can have a ganders pretty please, eagle in blue, scrap the MCFC middle in another and do the lettering in sky blue, very circumference (tramline) in navy....lettering in skyblue could look pierced place on a sky blue shirt.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.