Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

The cookie monster said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Right..

Thought I would steer clear for a good few hours.

All I want to know is what has changed that much in exactly a year apart from a shit champions league performance to warrant his p45??

Yes I was dissapointed,I have supported Mancini through thick and thin but the powers that be gave him a 5yr deal yes?

Any news on his replacement yet-Is it deffo Pellegrini
Well we have learned that he didnt say hello to the kitman and others when he turned up for work
So he had to go mate :)

First thing on Pellegrini's 'To Do' list should be sorting out the tea and biscuits every morning and keeping everyone sweet...Chocolate Hobnobs should do the trick...

...if they do holistic hobnobs even better

The cookie monster said:
Right..

All I want to know is what has changed that much in exactly a year apart from a shit champions league performance to warrant his p45??

Yes I was dissapointed,I have supported Mancini through thick and thin but the powers that be gave him a 5yr deal yes?

Well we have learned that he didnt say hello to the kitman and others when he turned up for work

well the kit man did turn out to be a snivelling weasel grass twitter nobobody..

fuck...I wouldnt say good morning to him either.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
The problem for the players I guess is that it appears few of them actually liked Mancini because of his alleged arrogance and superiority complex. So, they can play for the club and win and let the guy they dislike take all of the credit for it or they can play the way they actually did - with no passion, determination or pride.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Doesn't say much for their professionalism if that was the case.

They've won two major trophies in 3 seasons whilst putting up with Mancini's nonsense. Maybe this season was a stretch too far in terms of putting up with him. That's not a slight on their professionalism at all.

Of course it is if as the post I quoted was correct.

So there is a kind of warped logic somewhere in the discussion here ...or maybe I'm reading it wrong...Is there a suggestion Billy Shears/Robinho's Subbuteo, that City's players effectively downed tools in the final because winning might have kept Mancini his job and that if they did it was OK?

BobKowalski said:
The cookie monster said:
Right..

First thing on Pellegrini's 'To Do' list should be sorting out the tea and biscuits every morning and keeping everyone sweet...Chocolate Hobnobs should do the trick...

...if they do holistic hobnobs even better

And he must be nice to vicky kloss
Maybe a curtsy everytime they meet should do the trick.

Right..

Seems that there were concerns about his style even before this season and he was asked to be more collaborative and less confrontational. But apparently things got worse rather than better after he signed the new contract. He seems to have alienated pretty well all the senior squad for various reasons and had no interest in the younger players and their development.

The new guys wanted a club that thought the same way from top to bottom and where the coach was just a member of a team but he wasn't interested. Things seem to have come to a head at the end of March and I believe he issued an ultimatum to the owners to either back him against the rest of the club or he would walk. The Sheikh presumably took exception to that so it clearly left them no choice and he suffered the same fate as Mark Hughes, who did pretty much the same thing.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Right..

Seems that there were concerns about his style even before this season and he was asked to be more collaborative and less confrontational. But apparently things got worse rather than better after he signed the new contract. He seems to have alienated pretty well all the senior squad for various reasons and had no interest in the younger players and their development.

The new guys wanted a club that thought the same way from top to bottom and where the coach was just a member of a team but he wasn't interested. Things seem to have come to a head at the end of March and I believe he issued an ultimatum to the owners to either back him against the rest of the club or he would walk. The Sheikh presumably took exception to that so it clearly left them no choice and he suffered the same fate as Mark Hughes, who did pretty much the same thing.

Sounds like there could be truth in that. he certainly was a very confrontational guy and didn't seem to man-manage the players particularly well. At the top level now the players are VERY powerful so the top managers basically have to massage egos and keep people happy and manage the squad rotation. Those things are probably just as important as any 'tactics'.

Also agree about the youngsters, mancini was so reluctant to blood any youngsters, when I have said for a while that is exactly what the City squad is lacking. We need some hungry up-and-coming guys who want really want to wear that shirt with pride and who will give us maximum effort, we need that so that certain players in the squad who were guaranteed a place might get their acts together.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Right..

The big difference is that Hughes is a useless manager who had won us nothing and was never likely to. Mancini on the other hand had some credit in the bank.

At the end of next year we will have a clearer picture of whether this has been an astute move or complete cock up.

robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Right..

The big difference is that Hughes is a useless manager who had won us nothing and was never likely to. Mancini on the other hand had some credit in the bank.

At the end of next year we will have a clearer picture of whether this has been an astute move or complete cock up.
I agree with you about Hughes. At the end of next year I think we will be in no doubt about the outcome.

JamesA said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Right..

Sounds like there could be truth in that. he certainly was a very confrontational guy and didn't seem to man-manage the players particularly well. At the top level now the players are VERY powerful so the top managers basically have to massage egos and keep people happy and manage the squad rotation. Those things are probably just as important as any 'tactics'.

Also agree about the youngsters, mancini was so reluctant to blood any youngsters, when I have said for a while that is exactly what the City squad is lacking. We need some hungry up-and-coming guys who want really want to wear that shirt with pride and who will give us maximum effort, we need that so that certain players in the squad who were guaranteed a place might get their acts together.

Can quite see the truth in both these posts. I asked yesterday if maybe the new contract was the beginning of the end.
I've calmed down a tad since the news last night, but I always thought that something had gone horribly wrong quite early in this last season. At first I just thought the expectation levels of defending the trophy had got to us but it became apparent that this wasn't the main problem.
I always liked Mancini and found some of his statements wonderful; the ''' I'll rip down that banner...'' In particular. That he even said it made me gasp with incredulity but the fact he actually did astounded me. Why did I think that with all the money at our disposal he still wouldn't do that? Because 'typical City' is in my marrow I think.
Then the events of this weekend just brought back dark times of us leaving ourselves wide open to that old label, and it bloody hurt.
I understand there was stuff with Mancini that wasn't perfect, and I understand how City faced a media shitstorm that wasn't entirely of their own making. However, they could and should have weathered it better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.