Club statement - Tevez transfer request confirmed.

Clearly this is about money and a negotiating tactic but a very poor one at that. Joorabchian has seen what was achieved by Rooney's transfer request and thinks he can achieve the same resulkt for Carlos, but seriously, just who is out there that can afford a minimum of 50million transfer fee and his wages ? The Rooney situation worked precisely because there was a club ie us who could buy him. Not even Real Madrid could afford this therefore he has shot himself in the foot big time. Alienated the supporters who loved him and nowhere to go, plus moving to RM (even if they could afford him) is not going to solve the problem of him being near his family.

Hold him to his contract unless someone comes up with the money, has lost ALL my support. I won"t boo him if he plays but I sure as hell won't be singing his name any more. My view is he is thick and too easily manipulated by his agent (as was Rooney). Carlos youhave f*cked up big time and I am 100% behind Mancini and the club on this.

hertsblue said:
next dilema. Should he keep the captancy after this. Or would stripping him of it make the situation worse but not a great example of a captain they way he has behaved
Are you kidding? Of course he should be stripped of the captaincy whatever happens next.

you know what i think i am just as fickle as players because i adore tevez i love the ground the guy walks on but after reading the official statement, im now think, fuck him weve got billions in the bank, we are going places and if tevez doesnt want to be apart of it, let him go. As a club we dont need our players stirring up shit in the press, because we have enough people doing that, if your not behind the team carlos, GO.
Really hope the club doesnt bend over for him ala rooney. he gets paid enough.

If he would kept his dick in his pants he wouldnt be in this situation...He had an affair and split up with his wife...... and now the kids are on the other side of the world

Blue Mooner said:
Clearly this is about money and a negotiating tactic but a very poor one at that. Joorabchian has seen what was achieved by Rooney's transfer request and thinks he can achieve the same resulkt for Carlos, but seriously, just who is out there that can afford a minimum of 50million transfer fee and his wages ? The Rooney situation worked precisely because there was a club ie us who could buy him. Not even Real Madrid could afford this therefore he has shot himself in the foot big time. Alienated the supporters who loved him and nowhere to go, plus moving to RM (even if they could afford him) is not going to solve the problem of him being near his family.

Hold him to his contract unless someone comes up with the money, has lost ALL my support. I won"t boo him if he plays but I sure as hell won't be singing his name any more. My view is he is thick and too easily manipulated by his agent (as was Rooney). Carlos youhave f*cked up big time and I am 100% behind Mancini and the club on this.

Spot on.

Project said:
Think you are reading too much into that open door comment. If Tevez refused to play he would be sued out of existence. To me it just means that he is still going to be selected to play. Just poorly worded.

I think it is VERY WELL worded! It makes clear to everyone (including the courts) that he is still being considered for selection. THAT means that he cannot sue City if they simply put him on gardening leave IN MANCHESTER, or if he sits on the bench. In addition, if HE goes out of his way to breach his contract (no training, going AWOL to Argie, etc.), then he and Kia better have bigger and better lawyers than the Sheikh.

Maybe it is time for the Chairman to come to Manchester for a visit (or maybe he should go to Argie and REALLY give him the business!!), just so Carlos realizes what a f**k up he has made!!??!!

That has to be the most pissed off statement in the history of football statements. Well done to the club.

Carlos has really pissed on his chips here and instantly gone down in my estimation in the process.

Yeah, an open but very strange statement.

"Carlos misses his family, but if we pay him more and extend his contract, he'll carry on playing for us"

"Shut you face Kia, Tevez is already the highest paid player"

"Come back in the summer"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.