Cole Palmer

Good luck to him. I was hoping we could make something out of him but I guess we don't rate him enough to go all out for his career.

I hope he gets what he wants but I suspect not. It's the sign of a great team or club that players don't usually leave and go on to better things. But I really hope this guy does. Poch is a good manager to go to. Let's see if he gets a much game time though.
You realise we're not selling him against his will right?

Good luck Cole

Silly money that we couldn't reject, don't think McAtee or Bobb are too far off Palmer with similar potential so no real reason for us to keep him

Sad to see, but can't think of any sales we've made with these young guys that we've been proven wrong

Hope he has a great career, not sure that Chelsea is the place to be though for a personal perspective and his development

Chelsea pulling money out of their arse again, £40 million is a good deal for Manchester City and will go towards another player coming in so city books are balanced,

Questions have to be asked about the money spent at Chelsea in the past couple of windows,

Reactions: CC1
Good luck Palmer. Feels like Sturridge leaving. Only time will tell if its a mistake.

Player get a signing on fee and a bump in wages with a long contract. City get a nice fee so it’s a win win as far as I’m concerned. Pep wants the team to continue evolving. Doku and nunes will give us the necessary tools needed to win games. Foden will need game time on the wings and as a 10 depending on the opponents and injuries.

Palmer would not get the minutes here and we have better players for his position.

Still can’t quite believe the fee tbh.

To be fair, apart from Rico’s stint last season, I think Pep has given Cole more opportunities than any other youth player, and he hasn’t really proved himself good enough to be a starter or to have loads more game time.
That doesn’t mean he couldn’t be that one day, but so far he hasn’t earned it, so he had to make a choice.
Good luck to the lad.
In the games he's played so far this season he's showed the first real signs of kicking on. So it would have been nice to have given him a run of games then made a decision next summer.

I'll be interested to see how much game time he gets at Chelsea.

As we've seen over the last year or so, it's not like they feel obliged to start a player because they paid a decent amount for them.

He may end up in the same situation he is here. But its pretty clear we don't see him as a key player if we're letting him go anyway.

Think Poch will play him up top or behind the striker he shoots on site I expect him to score 10/15 goals for them in all comps

Its a great deal for us, £42.5m! Crazy cash. He's not got Foden potential and I don't think he'd ever be anything more than a squad player here.

The Chelsea move is bizarre though. They've got a huge squad, so not sure he'll play much more there either. We shall see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.