Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

RIP Colin. I never had the privilege of watching you play but my Dad has been telling me for 30 years that you were a peerless footballer and wonderful bloke. Sleep well Blue x

I’m 52 never lucky enough to see our king play, amongst all his nicknames I believe the KING OF THE KIPPAX is the most suited, I’ve listened with amazement at the stories off family and friends about him, I’ve acknowledged it and believed it, Boxing Day comeback sends shivers down my spine, I’ve sung his name loudest of all, I sit in his stand, but I cry my own tears tonight, for a man I met, but never saw grace this club with his presence. Yet I feel like he was one of my own.
RIP king Colin you will never be forgotten.

Used to watch him when he played for Bury and then all those years with us at City.
As mentioned by others, the ovation when he came on after half-time against Newcastle was something you had to be there to fully appreciate. Without his injury who knows what he might else have helped us to win.
Driving force behind us wining in 68 - out of this world performance at Old Trafford.

RIP Colin The King

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.