Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

One of my early memories of being at maine road was when dad took me to watch city v non league wigan in the FA cup I think early 1970s & we were really having trouble to break through untill quite late in the game colin got the ball just inside the box & smacked it into the bottom corner, turned around & trotted back to the centre circle like there was never any problem! Thanks for the great memories King Colin & rest in peace.

I met the King twice. Once when I was a kid and I waited outside training to get his autograph on a penant I had of him. Second time I met him was in the Co Op in Halebarnes and said sorry to intrude Colin but you are the King and the best player I have ever seen playing for City; he looked suitably embarrassed to have been complimented. An absolute gentleman, and a footballing God, never mind King. So sad to hear this
I remember now (sorry my memory is shit), the time when I saw him in the Coop in HB I went up to him and said “it is the King isn’t it?” and he looked puzzled, and I said Colin Bell, City’s greatest ever player? at which he confirmed he was Colin Bell but that he definitely wasn’t City’s greatest ever player. I just shook his hand and said thanks for everything, and I left the shop without buying anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.