Come On Chelsea (match thread)

Re: Come On Chelsea

I generally always support the British teams in Europe (rags excepted of course) but in the end I have to go with what is best for City.

And if Chelsea make the Champions League next season they will invest millions in top notch players and be a real threat to us.

But if they don't qualify for the Champions League they are going to struggle to attract the best players.

Whereas even if Spurs qualify for the Champions League, they'll do well to hold on to their current squad, let alone worry about strengthening it!

Oh, and they might also find the money for Adebayor if they make Champions League.

So, reluctantly, even though I much prefer Chelsea to Spurs... I'm hoping for a Bayern victory.

Soulboy said:
I generally always support the British teams in Europe (rags excepted of course) but in the end I have to go with what is best for City.

And if Chelsea make the Champions League next season they will invest millions in top notch players and be a real threat to us.

But if they don't qualify for the Champions League they are going to struggle to attract the best players.

Whereas even if Spurs qualify for the Champions League, they'll do well to hold on to their current squad, let alone worry about strengthening it!

Oh, and they might also find the money for Adebayor if they make Champions League.

So, reluctantly, even though I much prefer Chelsea to Spurs... I'm hoping for a Bayern victory.

Snap.

Saved me the trouble of typing the same.

Where have you been fella? - not seen you on here for a while.

cant stand chelski, never have done.. its bayern for me,but hope its a good game

Maldeika said:
intheknow! said:
I'm supporting Chelsea for one night only! Bayern's owner or whoever he is, is ALWAYS slagging us off about money etc and he was the main person pushing Platini to come up with rules to prevent clubs being bankrolled by owners!

Bayern's owner are about 180.000 fans from around the world and some small percentages (together less than twenty) to Audi and Adidas...
are you German?

Soulboy said:

the exact reason i'll be rooting for Bayern even though they have been classless towards us this season

Changed my mind as I'll be rooting for Germany in the Euros, come on Bayern. Although perhaps I should be like the real Germans and not support Bayern... hm.

Bayern are a horrible club, right from their fans all the way up to that twat Rummenigge at the top. But Chelsea are a very poor side this year, and it'd be a travesty for a team so lacking in real quality to win Europe's ultimate prize. Plus, the more English teams that win it, the less impact our (fingers crossed) eventual possible triumph will have.

On the flip side, I have a Chelsea mate who was made up for us on Sunday and the comedy value of seeing Spurs crash and burn would be priceless.

So, all in all, I'm quite conflicted. In the end, I'll probably cheer on Chelsea without actually meaning it or just watch it completely disinterested in the outcome.

Soulboy said:

Spot on. I've got some good contacts at Chelsea and have a soft spot for them in that regard but no self-respecting City fan should be supporting them in this situation. If they'd already qualified for the CL then I would be 100% behind them but their current situation is different. They're going to struggle to meet FFP even with CL revenue so not having it will hit them hard. They may have to sell and the better players will want to go. This effectively takes out a serious potential rival to us.

Plus there's one other big factor - Ashley Cole and his "Thursday nights, Thursday nights" rant after the game at Stamford Bridge. Let's see how you like it Ashley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.