Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure about going.
Been to a few CS and not seen us win one yet. That includes the one against the unmentionables where we were 2-0 up at half time.
Reckon I am a bad omen.

Well we’ve only ever won it twice at Wembley, so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself.

Well we’ve only ever won it twice at Wembley, so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself.
About time we won another one. It would be great for morale if a team of our youngsters wiped the floor with United as a curtain-raiser for the season. In some ways it is a free hit for people like McAtee, Bobb, and Michah Hamilton who are all likely to play. Pep will be up for it. Bring it on.

With the seasons being so long, I don't see the point of this.
I live in SE Kent but why would I want to pay Wembley prices to watch two uncooked teams play ? I'll save my money for the derby !

You’ll struggle to pay less for any home game than the Wembley prices for this game.

With the seasons being so long, I don't see the point of this.
I live in SE Kent but why would I want to pay Wembley prices to watch two uncooked teams play ? I'll save my money for the derby !
It will be great. No such thing as a friendly Derby match. The prices are dirt cheap. The Community Shield has been played at Wembley for decades and only the best teams get to play in it.

It will be great. No such thing as a friendly Derby match. The prices are dirt cheap. The Community Shield has been played at Wembley for decades and only the best teams get to play in it.
Why are United in it then?

Late decision from my eldest and his pal to go. Just checked train prices and it’s £220 for the 2 of them Stockport (of course!) to Euston return. Anyone got any tips on cheaper routes, coaches, same day return?

Late decision from my eldest and his pal to go. Just checked train prices and it’s £220 for the 2 of them Stockport (of course!) to Euston return. Anyone got any tips on cheaper routes, coaches, same day return?
If you are going with them check out a family rail pass.

If not get them to start washing cars on the street now to pay for it.

Doncaster 10:24 King's Cross 12:01
Kings Cross 19:48 Doncaster 21:27
£72 each £20 petrol £6 parking. Purchase a 2 for 1 railcard for £30 then train will be £48 each.
Only way we travel to London games now.

Try 'My Train Pal'.

Multiple tickets.....reduces the price.

Or blagg it, just takes a bit of savvy nerve !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.