Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear FA

This game should always be at 3.00pm on the Saturday before the season starts. If the game has to be played at Wembley then all tickets should be priced at £30 regardless of where the seat is. Stop trying to scam as much money out of fans as you can with your overpriced tickets, food and drink. We haven’t forgotten why it’s now called the community shield and not the charity shield despite your PR spin at the time. Moving the game by 90 minutes just doesn’t wash with the fans. Maybe you could become a fan for the day and travel with us normal fans and see how much of a pain it is and the true cost. No fancy food and being waited on, no chauffeur driven cars picking you up, dropping you off and avoiding all the traffic, no freebies. Just like a normal fan being treated like shit. And if you are game on for the experience bring your UEFA mates along as well. We can make sure they are at the box park nine hours before kick off with overpriced food and drink on offer but this will run out three hours before kick off. You make me sick with all your platitude.

priced at £30 regardless of where the seat is. Stop trying to scam as much money out of fans as you can with your overpriced tickets, food and drink. We haven’t forgotten why it’s now called the community shield and not the charity shield despite your PR spin at the time. Moving the game by 90 minutes just doesn’t wash with the fans. Maybe you could become a fan for the day and travel with us normal fans and see how much of a pain it is and the true cost. No fancy food and being waited on, no chauffeur driven cars picking you up, dropping you off and avoiding all the traffic, no freebies. Just like a normal fan being treated like shit. And if you are game on for the experience bring your UEFA mates along as well. We can make sure they are at the box park nine hours before kick off with overpriced food and drink on offer but this will run out three hours before kick off. You make me sick with all your platitude.
Increase prices???

How many fans can a train take ?
Have you ever stood up for 3 hours on a Euston train after Wembley? I have been rammed onto one, it is not a pleasant experience.
£100 plus to be in a cattle truck that Defra would condemn.
So, I ask again, have you ever travelled back by train from the FA cash cow ?

But I wasn’t debating the pros and cons of train travel. I was just correcting whoever it was said you were going to struggle to make the last train home.

But to answer your question, I’ve been travelling to away games for over 40 years, almost exclusively by train. So yes, I’ve been on plenty where it’s standing room only. The last time was about a month ago, going to Brentford, where the trains were jam packed with Stockport die hards.

That`s exactly what we are doing. Treble Winners. Champions League winners.

We are not going cap in hand, grateful for the scraps, getting into the Europa Cup or whatever through fair play.
We are 3 times on the trot Premier League winners, 5 times in 6 years, two Doubles in 5 years, a Quardrupple, a Treble.

We are not at the behest of bureaucrats at the FA who look after themselves, care only for their shorter travel arrangements,lower costs and own conv1enience.

They should all come up North.

They have already just caved in on the ko time. That`s what fan power can do.

Next we should demand it is played at The Etihad or if push comes to shove, 16:00 on Sunday 6 August at the swamp where we can run round before the match with all our trophies from all our teams.
We'd need a 12 o'clock KO to do all that!

It's NOT a victory of any kind.

The matter goes MUCH further than this location or time ,despite it affecting us on this occasion.

The FA PL,SKY etc promised to put fans first following the ESL fiasco.

Hollow words.

Fans are treated arrogantly and appallingly and now is the opportunity to make a public stand and garner support from the wider football base.

We must not only stand by our guns, but raise the stakes and profile by engaging with all Manchester based MPs and get questions asked in Parliament.

BOYCOTT...and exercise your right to donate to a charity of your choosing !!
I think what needs to be decided soon is what it is we want?
By that I mean are we demanding the kick off is at a certain / day and if so what time.and what day? Be very difficult to please everyone of course.
My own personal view is to simply say "No. We don't care what day / date you change it to we simply have had enough of your greed, incompetence and disregard for match going fans and we are going.to give you something to think about." and let them watch the game with half a stadium.
They may even offer more tickets to Arsenal fans or give them away to fill the seats. But they will know what we've done and will give them food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.