Community Shield - post match discussion....

great performance by Milner, I feel bad at times when he can't get into the team, not as talented as some of our other players but no one runs more or works harder. Ultimate team player. Same with Zabaleta. Will be fascinating to see if he gets more time in this right wing back role. All I know is I'm glad our manager is more technically astute than all the others, in this league at least.

Very happy. Blunder gifted them their second goal, but their first goal was just overall quality on Chelsea's side tbh.

I mentioned it in the match thread but the referee can't be showing sympathy to Luis, Ramires, and Lampard because of the score and because it is a glorified friendly. Ramires and Lampard should have been shown 2nd yellow's and Luis on Tevez (or was it Milner) was a blatant penalty. Ramires and Lampard shouldn't be playing next week.

Great performance and we didnt look slouchy,looked sharp and the new system seemed to do ok,do fans still think we need rvp? On that showing today he wouldnt even get on the bench..
Did we have over half the ground today? Great support from us and piss poor from chelsea,loved the yaya/kolo song...

Probabably going to shot down for this comment.

Many say Silva and Nasri won't be able to play in this new formation - I would drop Milner and put either one of them in his position.

sam-caddick said:
Probabably going to shot down for this comment.

Many say Silva and Nasri won't be able to play in this new formation - I would drop Milner and put either one of them in his position.

Nasri or Silva as a wingback ?....Don't think so.

Chippy_boy said:
Ref bottled it with the Ramirez foul on Silva. 100% definite 2nd yellow.

Guess he didnt fancy sending a 2nd Chelsea player off.

Not to mention Cole's challenge which would've got him a 2nd yellow in any other game. Shit house that he is he still complained about it.

Daz_Blue said:
Anyone have a link to where I can see the goals ?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/manchester-city-3-chelsea-2-community-shield-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ma ... -shield-2/</a>

kippaxwarrior said:
Back on the coach. Though we played really well and I like the formation
North Stand was rocking! 90 minutes non stop singing. Hope you heard us loud and clear!!

You lads were brilliant today and the noise and chanting could be clearly heard on the box.
Well done to all Blues who went.You did us proud lads and lasses.

A very good all-round performance, looked sharp and hungry for the ball, even though we went in one down, we were by far the better team first half.

Milner, Zab, Kolarov, Tevez, Kompany, Nasri, Yaya all very good.

Only gripe is Milners crosses, he really does need to bang them across a bit quicker, many times he takes that extra touch and allows the defender to block it.

Milner or Yaya m-o-m for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.